PDA

View Full Version : Want one !

Johnso
22nd June 2013, 05:17 PM
After much dithering (and then confirming that I am not too tall to fit on one) I have decided I should get a MR2 mk1, so I have joined on here to help me find a suitable car. I have a reasonable budget and would prefer a car that has already been restored or in good condition. So any help/guidance would be much appreciated!

Stewart

coverco
23rd June 2013, 06:21 PM
Hi Stewart and welcome to the forum. Have a read of this buying guide
http://www.challoner.com/mr2/tech/mk1bg.html

If you see a car advertised let us know and we will try to help you in any way we can. There are still plenty of good cars out there, good luck :-)

snoball
23rd June 2013, 06:41 PM
hi stewart and welcome to the fold :)

there are decent ones out there have a look on preloved or gumtree or pistonheads or ebay and then post the links in here and the members will tell more or less what it is your looking at and what price tag ought to be applied to it :)

happy hunting :)

Johnso
23rd June 2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks for your comments and support. I have just been able to pay for my membership so I should be able to check out the forums now.

snoball
23rd June 2013, 08:00 PM
welcome to this happy and lively community johnso :)

hope you find what you're looking for and if you need any help and advice just shout and quite a few members will put you right with any problems :)

Johnso
10th July 2013, 07:49 PM
Hi to everyone again, I am now the proud owner of Gary's white over blue MR2.

Thanks for all your help and support. I look forward to getting involved in things. I guess many of you will already have seen pictures of this car but I will take some this weekend and post them.

pistol pete
10th July 2013, 09:26 PM
look forward to the pics, good to hear of a new member :)

Johnso
20th July 2013, 10:30 AM

At last some basic pictures of my car. Hope you all enjoy!

snoball
21st July 2013, 01:14 PM
sweet - you just gotta keep it clean now ;)