PDA

View Full Version : Yet another supercharger

cchrysos
20th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Looks nice and has some nice mods. I don't like the auxiliary gauge.

May have been resprayed as it has no stripes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-F-Toyota-MR2-T-BAR-SUPERCHARGER-CHEAP-CLASSIC-CAR-INSURANCE-/181161777530?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a2e15597a

Why is almost EVERY mr2 for sale up north!!!!!!!

snoball
20th June 2013, 06:50 PM
problem it's got issues cos it's got a black dash with uuuurrrrrggggh blue seats ----- nooooo ---- should be banned from sale lol :)

and at £3500 not bad - looks in good condition too -- wondering what i'd get for mine..........

why are they all up for sale up here cos it hardly stops raining and aquaplaning in a 2 is never much fun lol :)

cchrysos
20th June 2013, 07:26 PM
It's only the dash top switch panel that's black which is standard for a blue interior.

I just noticed that it is ANOTHER auto though.

I have been looking for about 2 years now snoball and everyone I have seen that I like is too far away.

I am very tempted by one at the moment but its in Ireland. I don't mind the drive back, it's just the potential wasted journey if its not as good as it looks upon viewing.

Still....patience is a virtue ;-)

PeteP
20th June 2013, 07:27 PM
Where do you see the black dash, snoball? Looks blue to me. Admittedly every panel in a blue interior appears to be a different shade of blue (just mine?), but the panels I can see in the hoots look blue enough.

There's up north, and then there's proper north, cchrysos. I had to get the train to Northallerton to get mine - that's 300 miles. I rarely see one for sale any closer than TheNorth, 150 miles south of here.

I unite like these chambers asking big money: if we all stuck to our guns on price, our marque would be worth a whole lot more than some rusted out shed of a Mini.

coverco
20th June 2013, 07:38 PM
Living in the North is definately the best option :-)
Having said that I come from Northern Ireland originally so I guess it is North West ;-)

snoball
20th June 2013, 08:21 PM
it's definitely cheaper up north - well anywhere north of stafford anyways lol :)

i'd go for it cos am after one with an auto box - i'd consider swapping dorothy for it but that blue interior - sorry..............but it'd have to go..........

pete i agree on the price issue they really ought to be worth heck of a lot more considering that they are proper classics :)

pete proper up north is where me mom is living now on shetland lol :)

cabbydave
20th June 2013, 10:23 PM
I bought mine from down south walking across London on the opening day of the Olympics was fun. So was the drive home when the head gasket went. 5 hour drive home with plenty of water stops. Good job I had a 3SGTE engine to put in

Kateg28
21st June 2013, 08:18 AM
It's only the dash top switch panel that's black which is standard for a blue interior.

I just noticed that it is ANOTHER auto though.

I have been looking for about 2 years now snoball and everyone I have seen that I like is too far away.

I am very tempted by one at the moment but its in Ireland. I don't mind the drive back, it's just the potential wasted journey if its not as good as it looks upon viewing.

Still....patience is a virtue ;-)
Well I bought mine in Eire and it certainly looked as good as I expected. Bringing it back was an epic journey but the real problem started when I took it for it's MOT. Floors are over rated anyway.....

However it was all over come and now I love it. Just need it back with it's new clutch.

Kateg28
21st June 2013, 08:20 AM
Looks nice and has some nice mods. I don't like the auxiliary gauge.

May have been resprayed as it has no stripes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-F-Toyota-MR2-T-BAR-SUPERCHARGER-CHEAP-CLASSIC-CAR-INSURANCE-/181161777530?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a2e15597a

Why is almost EVERY mr2 for sale up north!!!!!!!
Just noticed the registration number, I think it is very close to Ben's SE. He is in Le Mans at the moment but wonder if I can check.

coverco
21st June 2013, 09:08 AM
Ben's is F227 OVU, these registrations will be saved for date related imports.

Kateg28
21st June 2013, 10:58 AM
Never thought of that, of course they would be later registrations as SC were never sold new in this country so they would always be an import. Mine is an F reg and an import but got TRK not OVU.

I feel ostracised now.......

coverco
21st June 2013, 09:40 PM
Maybe it depends where you import from, you imported from the Republic, the others came from Japan?