PDA

View Full Version : time to spend on my toy

gazams
15th June 2013, 05:41 PM
i have had my mr2 13 years and have now decided to start spending on it have just got some new polished engine parts not sure where to start ,just want the bay looking good got to also get a wheel arch fitted i have had for 4 years then want to go for a full respray but looks good as it is . best not tell the wife the price

Kateg28
17th June 2013, 08:19 AM
Hello. 13 years? That might be the longest anyone has owned a specific mk1, although some of us have owned various MK1's. My first (white T bar) was in 1991 for 3 years and then 2006 for 5 years (blue t bar) and now this one for two years.

Tell us more about the car.

tommundy
17th June 2013, 08:44 AM
Welcome gazams!

Yes, please tell us more about your car!

As for longest ownership; we have at least 2 members in the club that have owned their cars since new! There will hopefully be an article on them both in the next issue of the club magazine. They're worlds apart as one has done 30k and the other has done 240k miles!

Cheers,
Tom

PeteP
17th June 2013, 06:26 PM
240k? Wow, I thought my 161k was high. I'll look forward to the next issue.

gazams
25th June 2013, 08:52 PM
Hi all well always wanted one ! I payed £2700 at the time for the car and have always keep it in a garage when not being used planed on getting bits or work done on it each year but only had work that was needed at time for the running of car , haven't had much done only wheels refurbed , have now started getting polished engine parts refurbed rocker covers ,and little bits like shades for glass roof missing spoiler for drivers wiper , have. Had a rear arch refurb and even tho the paint is pretty good was thinking about a full respray was quoted £3000 a 2 week job ????? Prob will get it done as now got it in my head I want car to be as close to new as I can get it as don't ever plan on selling the car it has got 10900 miles and I'm the 3 rd owner have also had the leather seat restricted and am using gliptone leather cleaner ect advised the seats are in good condition and will be able to get looking like new will let you know more as I get things done Gary

gazams
14th August 2013, 03:06 PM
hi all as I'm trying to get mr mk1 mr2 looking great and totally standard i want to get the wheels back to standard finish as that have been sprayed refurbed can anyone tell me what the factory finish is for a 1988 teardrop alloys is ? not sure if its polished and black spray to the teardrop then lacquered ?????