PDA

View Full Version : Looks like good value

cchrysos
14th June 2013, 06:46 PM
No real detail but looks decent in the pictures.
Has original stripes so possibly not resprayed..

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/for-sale/1021897990

If it was closer, I would look at it.

coverco
14th June 2013, 06:50 PM
No MOT or Tax !!! I would want an MOT for £1000.

cchrysos
14th June 2013, 07:02 PM
Yes, me too but if I knew what was wrong and it wasn't major, I would still consider it if the body was really good. Bodywork tends to be the most expensive job.

coverco
14th June 2013, 07:21 PM
Bodywork is only expensive if you can't do it yourself. With no MOT I would not pay more than £500, if it is not that bad then why not put an MOT on it is a question I always ask. How many adverts do you see where people say they are too busy to sort out an MOT !!!

PeteP
14th June 2013, 07:43 PM
I don't get the point of Gumtree - nobody seems to bother with much detail on adverts.

If anybody is interested I'd happily go along for a look-see for you. If it was a T-bar I'd be looking at it for myself, at a drastically reduced price.

coverco
14th June 2013, 08:16 PM
The point Pete is it is free :-)

Although it is owned by Ebay you do not have to pay the silly fees.

cchrysos
14th June 2013, 08:57 PM
Bodywork is only expensive if you can't do it yourself. With no MOT I would not pay more than £500, if it is not that bad then why not put an MOT on it is a question I always ask. How many adverts do you see where people say they are too busy to sort out an MOT !!!

Yep. So on the flip side........there is also this one.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C395299

This one is closer to me and has a new MOT. It is also a tbar, low mileage, one owner car.
Silver Tbars are also pretty rare.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do the bodywork myself.

Oh.....and I thought you may appreciate the blue interior lol

coverco
14th June 2013, 09:25 PM
I had seen this car, maybe it is strange lighting but that is the strangest silver MR2 I have seen! it looks like grey primer in the photos. Blue interiors ruin it for me personally but each to their own :-)

cchrysos
14th June 2013, 09:27 PM
Yes. The silver is very badly faded. I spoke to the owner by email briefly. He thinks the rust is not too bad but that rear quarter looks pretty bad to me at the back. Tat in itself s not so much of an issue but t may be indicative of more significant hidden rust.

I agree about the blue interior but apparently it's easily swapped.

coverco
14th June 2013, 09:38 PM
Changing the dash is a mare, whatever anyone else says it really is. The roof lining and pillar trims can be a pain as well but changing the interior is possible.

Rust is the main problem but it is all repairable, just don't expect to make a profit :-)

mk1 dal
15th June 2013, 04:18 AM
the silver car would be a very good project and make a very nice car but it will need a full repaint , it looks gray due to major lacquer peel and looks like its down to its base coat color , also its rusted above the bumper edge on the back quarter . has tommy says there is no profit in these cars at current prices if they are resorted properly eg full repaints and major body work ,are they worth saving 100% yes for the enjoyment of driving them and the uniqueness of owning one . i would budget 800 pounds for this car min for paint , body panels ,tyres and sundries to bring the car up to standard and for some one else to sort the car it will be well over 2000 for a proper job , there's no such thing has a cheap mk1 if you have to restore it .

cchrysos
15th June 2013, 03:20 PM
Yes I figured as much Gary.
I'm not actually looking for a cheap one.....I'm looking for a good one. I have been considering getting one that needs work and having it done though.
I restored my old spit ad have worked on cars all my life....unfortunately I just don't get the time any more.
I think the silver one could make a nice carif someone was willing to do it. Silver t-bars look nice.