PDA

View Full Version : New Message from Peter Scatchard: Castle Combe 29th June - Next Social Meeting

Ursula
13th June 2013, 10:32 PM
Castle Combe 29th June

I am expecting a dozen f.o.c. entry-passes for the next Castle Combe Action Day on Saturday 29 June.

If you'd like one or two (one per person, NOT per car) to put your MR2 Mk1 on display there while watching the track-side action and wandering around the various club-displays, please reply to me ASAP by eMail stating how many passes you want so I can reserve these for you on a first-come, first-served basis.

Then at the same time please send me a FIRST-CLASS STAMPED SAE for me to get your passes to you – please DON'T send me a second-class SAE (I received TWO of theses last time, despite my clear instruction) as Combe are notorious for leaving pass send-out until the last moment, and for the sake of an extra 10p, or the huge effort doubtless necessary to go and get a first-class stamp from somewhere (I believe Post Offices sell them over the counter) you run the risk of your passes not arriving with you in time for the event.

I've been totally under-whelmed by responses to the request for someone, anyone, to handle the distribution of passes for a Rally at the Prescott Revival meeting on August 10-11th. I can't handle this, as I'm involved at the Donington Classic Bike Festival with Norton Motorcycles Ltd, for whom I'm now handling Event Organisation, but it now looks as if we're not going to be able to take advantage of the free-of-chrage passes I'm sitting on, so they are heading for the waste-bin. If there IS anyone prepared to take this on, please let me know before the dustmen next come to me on Thursday of next week.

I'll not be at Combe as my wife will have been under the surgeon's knife the day before, and my place will be in the hospital alongside her.

Our next social meet at The Pheasant by J14 / M4 is on Wednesday 10th July – I hope to see many of you there. Shortly thereafter is the Silverstone Classic Cars Festival, 26-28 July; if you've not already booked, please contact Ken Salmon, tho' I think he will probably refer you to booking direct with the event-organisers now, as the deadline for the discounted club-passes has now passed.

Regards
Peter

Peter Scatchard
Secretary, Upper Thames Branch, MR2 Mk1 Club
The Old Barn, 51 Chawley Lane, Cumnor, Oxford, OX2 9PX
Tel +44 (0)1865 864 864, Mbl +44 (0)7775 631 044
peter.scatchard@motorcyclewriter.co.uk

Ursula
17th June 2013, 10:11 AM
Further message from Peter: -

FOLKS

I now have 12 f.o.c. passes for Castle Combe in my possession. If you'd like some (you'll need one per person, not per car), pls let me know by return eMail, and put an SAE in the post to me. Given I now actually have them in my possession, you might think a second-class SAE would be ok, but as I'm away in Le Mans from this Thursday until Monday night, and may not be able to post your passes to you until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (and Combe is then that Saturday) I strongly recommend you still use a first-class stamp.

Rgds

Peter Scatchard
Secretary, Upper Thames Branch, MR2 Mk1 Club
The Old Barn, 51 Chawley Lane, Cumnor, Oxford, OX2 9PX
Tel +44 (0)1865 864 864, Mbl +44 (0)7775 631 044
peter.scatchard@motorcyclewriter.co.uk