PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Run Out - 13th/14th July 2013 ** CANCELLED **

tommundy
9th June 2013, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

Please find details of the much anticipated Yorkshire Run below. You're welcome to come for just the Saturday or the Sunday, but as we'll be going quite far to the North East of Yorkshire on the Saturday, it's probably better to make a weekend of it! :)

Day 1 - Saturday 13th July ~150 miles

Meet at 9:30am at Tesco in Maltby. Address is 21 High St, Maltby, Rotherham S66 8LG. Google Maps link = http://goo.gl/maps/MdcHx There's a petrol station just down the road that sells regular and super unleaded.
Leave Tesco at 10am sharp.
Head East and then North through Lincolnshire and up into East Yorkshire to end up at Wetwang for Fish & Chips for lunch.
Pop into Malton to have a quick look around a Porsche and super car showroom (still to be arranged, but should be fine).
Carry on North up to Whitby through the North Yorkshire Moors, where we'll be camping overnight (details of this to follow, but it'll be somewhere with decent facilities and car/group friendly. There will be alternative, more luxurious accommodation available for those that want it).
Set up camp and have a great evening! (I'll try and find somewhere that's fire pit friendly, but no promises :))

Day 2 - Sunday 14th July ~150 miles

Wake up, breakfast and get packed up and ready to go for 10am.
Follow the East coast road all the way down through Scarborough, Bridlington, Hornsea and out to Withernsea for lunch.
Head West for a photo opportunity near the Humber Bridge, before passing over it into Lincolnshire again and taking in some more roads.
The finish point will be at the Crown Inn, Monk Fryston. Just off the A1M/M62 ready for your homeward journeys.

Apologies for the delay in posting up the details of this event, but rest assured it'll be a great weekend of driving!

The roads we'll be driving on are fast, smooth and free-flowing, with great scenery as a back drop. :)

Please ensure that your cars are in good working order, especially brakes and tyres.

** Once I've got details of the accommodation, I'll post up to take deposits/payments. It won't be expensive though; hopefully less than £20 per person. **

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me or post up on here if you want any further information! :D

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
9th June 2013, 11:39 AM
Please copy and paste the list below and add your name:

1. Tom Mundy

bill hulme
9th June 2013, 05:10 PM

1. Tom Mundy
2. Bill Hulme

Master-B
11th June 2013, 04:26 PM
3. Kris

tommundy
11th June 2013, 04:48 PM

1. Tom Mundy
2. Bill Hulme
3. Kris

Keep 'em coming folks. This should be a cracking weekend! :D

BigP
19th June 2013, 01:32 PM

1. Tom Mundy
2. Bill Hulme
3. Kris
4. BigP (Paul Mayes)

tommundy
5th July 2013, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cancel the Yorkshire Run due to low numbers. Although we could still do the run, I think the evening would be a lot better with more people.

What are people's opinions on moving it to October? Alternatively, we can bump it onto next year's calendar of events. It could also be changed so that there is the option to camp over on the Friday night to make it easier for people coming a long way.

I'll make sure it's posted up nice and early, whichever option we choose.

Cheers,
Tom