PDA

View Full Version : Hi mr2 newby

mrchoo
8th June 2013, 05:40 AM
Hi all im Matt and live nr hull,just got my mk1 mr2 last week its my first one and i am very impressed with it by far the best drive i have had, my past car was a gto twinturbo which i swapped it,i had the mr2 for a week to see if i liked it and ive ended up keeping it.Its a F reg and only done 70k its all nice and straight just a bit cosmeticly to do rear arches etc but i will be stripping this down in the next couple of weeks will try post up some pics when i work out how,and also need to find info on how to be a paid up member on here.thanks for reading matt

snoball
8th June 2013, 05:59 AM
hi matt :) and welcome :)

have a look on the homepage for membership stuff :)

mrchoo
8th June 2013, 06:10 AM
Thanks for that will have a look:)

PeteP
8th June 2013, 06:56 AM
Welcome.

The first thing anybody here wants from a newbie is photos. There's nothing we like more than looking at pictures of MK1s (apparently).

Figuring out how to post them is worth 5 minutes of your time: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?5210-How-To-Upload-Pictures-amp-Resize-(pic-heavy)

It's much the same for any photo storage web site. I use Flickr and can talk you through it if you need.

mrchoo
8th June 2013, 07:10 AM
Cheers Pete will have a go at that:D

mrchoo
8th June 2013, 07:29 AM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/06/5666C68C7A1F4D2C91D03192A5A67B9762270000-1.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/22manta/media/5666C68C-7A1F-4D2C-91D0-3192A5A67B97-6227-0000046C6626DB1E_zpsc2441cd4.jpg.html)

Kateg28
8th June 2013, 09:02 AM
Hello and welcome. Yes, photos are what we want.

snoball
8th June 2013, 10:49 AM
the more the merrier :)

looks like a very nice mk1b :)

mrchoo
8th June 2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys it is nice just a bit of rust here and there it will be getting cut out and full re spray will add more pics soon as i can;) cheers matt

PeteP
8th June 2013, 03:41 PM
Oh no! Not what I needed: another white Mk1b T-bar to show up my little "Jolly", her drab attire and state of ruin. ;)

Looks like you've got a good starting point, Matt.

tommundy
8th June 2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm from Beverley originally and go back at least once a month, so may see you around! I'm currently working and living over in Sheffield.

Looks like you've got yourself a good Mk1 with nice mileage and I look forward to reading more about it.

To join up, simply click Upgrade Membership at the top of the screen and choose one of the Paid Subscriptions. It'll then take you through to pay by PayPal. If you'd like to pay by another method, please let me know and I'll give you the details. :)

Cheers!
Tom

Club Chairman, Webmaster and Vice-Membership Secretary

mrchoo
9th June 2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks Pete it actually looks better in the pic than it does for real but it is a good base cant wait to crack on with it:D.Thank you for the welcome Tom ill defo be joining up the clubs a credit to you all looks very goog.Im actually in a village just out side of Withernsea about 3/4 of a hr from Beverly will have to pop through some day:D.Cheers Matt

PeteP
9th June 2013, 06:43 AM
Haha! Mine is exactly the same, Matt. She looks especially good in grainy black & white photos. ;)

If you do start finding a little more, and then a little more, and then a little more that needs tweaking, chances are you've become smitten and just can's bear to see her looking shabby. Or, well she is a quarter of a century old so some attention is always going to be appreciated and once you start...

You say this is your first MK1 but you've come from a significantly sportier car than me, and you're impressed! Imagine what it's like for somebody who thought their 2ltr TD Renault Megane CC was sporty.

mrchoo
9th June 2013, 07:27 AM
I like the fact that there will always be a job to do on it with it been a old car didnt have that with the gto just a load of technical stress and expensive to run and maintain

HowardB
9th June 2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks Pete it actually looks better in the pic than it does for real but it is a good base cant wait to crack on with it:D.Thank you for the welcome Tom ill defo be joining up the clubs a credit to you all looks very goog.Im actually in a village just out side of Withernsea about 3/4 of a hr from Beverly will have to pop through some day:D.Cheers Matt

Hi and welcome: I'm from Cottingham originally, now Leeds. Good to see some East Yorkshire folk in the club!

mrchoo
9th June 2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks Howard people seem to be escaping this part of yorkshire lol

graval
15th June 2013, 04:09 PM
Oh no! Not what I needed: another white Mk1b T-bar to show up my little "Jolly", her drab attire and state of ruin. ;)

Looks like you've got a good starting point, Matt.

Sorry Pete we also have a white t top n/a mines not very good when inspected in depth, lost my rose tinting specs. still great fun to drive. ive had many cars sports /american /rally and race all still not patch on my mr.