PDA

View Full Version : Headlight units

coverco
5th June 2013, 04:35 PM
I have decided to convert my headlights to low rise lights like the Rogue MK2 lights. Now many years ago Millentubby (Colin) on the MR2OC did this using Ford Puma lights, I have bought some Puma lights and they are quite simple to strip. I thought I had a spare set of MK1 lights but I forgot I gave Gilles27 (Anthony) on here one of them when he had a bump last year and I have not been able to find the other. I only need the frames and the chrome light holder, my current lights are powder coated and I do not want to hack them up. I am hoping I will be able to use the current adjustment system and mount the reflector lights in a plate which fits into the holder in place of the original headlight, then by altering the length activation arm the lights should not rise as much. I plan to do a write up on the whole process.

So does anyone have a spare set of headlight mechanisms ?

Ben
5th June 2013, 05:32 PM
Is this of any help, Tommy?

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171640

coverco
5th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Not to me it isn't Ben, I don't go on the pink site :-)

Ben
5th June 2013, 05:47 PM
Well Google Pease Pottage Breakers, apparently they have a white mk1 they're breaking. Might have the headlight units left :)

coverco
5th June 2013, 06:28 PM
The problem with breakers is the cost Ben, I don't need the motors or the light unit or the covers or surrounds. I will give Gary a shout I know he has broken a few. If it works I will have a lovely set of powder coated units to sell :-)

Ben
5th June 2013, 06:50 PM
No worries, thought it was worth a mention :+:

coverco
5th June 2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks Ben I really appreciate it, I think I am sorted now :-)

This is what I am hoping to achieve it is Colin's car from 2007.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/06/d95d676152e686b2a9dff89c8b45f8b5_zps7a66-1.jpg

Gilles27
6th June 2013, 09:08 AM
Hi Tommy,

I'm pretty sure we didn't end up using your light, but I left it with Gary. I'll have a look in the car later, but I don't think I've still got your light.

coverco
6th June 2013, 09:16 AM
Don't worry about it Anthony, I think I have sorted a set out.