PDA

View Full Version : mean looking mk1!

kolby82
4th June 2013, 09:08 PM
spotted this on ebay nothing to do with me and not very original but I think it's really cool looking AW11

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-MK1b-Coilovers-Bride-Seats-Wheels-JDM-Back-Lights-More-RWD-/330933790074?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d0d30e57a

Dan

snoball
5th June 2013, 03:51 AM
that looks like the F1 bodykit that it's wearing- looks really nice :)

it's also been tastefully modded :)

might have a go for this cos with dorothy being in full original condition ready for mothballing am gunna need another one lol :)

jimi
5th June 2013, 06:41 AM
What body kit ? that's Gianni's (Retro_Boy_G) car, I fitted one of my brackets to it a couple of years ago. It's a fairly standard MK1b apart from the SC rear lights, fibreglass front wings and the 1a front spoiler added to the bottom of it's 1b front spoiler. Different seats/harnesses and wheels that are to big for the tires (IMHO)

Master-B
5th June 2013, 06:47 AM
^^^ What Jimi said ^^^ You do come up with some bizarre stuff sometimes snoball!

PeteP
5th June 2013, 09:22 AM
My first thought after looking this over the other night was "A bit optimistic on price".

superwhite90
5th June 2013, 12:48 PM
Lol @ Pete.

I found myself looking at this the other day - looked a bit photoshopped when I first saw it.

Don't like the mk1a lip spoiler on it and although I like the wheels, the protruding tyres I dont.

snoball
5th June 2013, 02:09 PM
have a look at this and you'll see what i mean :)

www.speedculture.co.uk/osc/mr28589f1-c-2_31_3759_262_1644.html

superwhite90
5th June 2013, 02:12 PM
That doesn't look anything like it i'm afraid.

Except the rear lights but they are SC lights and not part of the kit.

superwhite90
5th June 2013, 02:13 PM
But great find on the kit website! I've been looking at importing these kits from the States but had no luck!!

snoball
5th June 2013, 02:19 PM
glad that it helps :) mad motors have got the other one that looked half decent :)

it just sort of looked like it at first glance that's all - it's what i was going fit to dorothy but am now gunna dyno then mothball her - she's just too nice to drive all the time :):)

it was gunna be that f1 kit in gloss jet black with the 15" aleica polished and pink wheels i posted about a while ago :) but now it's not cos they're more than likely going to go on a mkII rev3 with an auto box that i got my eyes on cos i can't find a mkI a or b with an auto box :(

jimi
5th June 2013, 02:54 PM
But great find on the kit website! I've been looking at importing these kits from the States but had no luck!!
You'd be better going to the manufacturer http://extremedimensions.com/85-89-MR2-F1-Kit.html though they don't have a great reputation and personally I don't think the kit suits or does anything for the looks of the MK1. I think Mr T pretty much got it right :clap:

coverco
5th June 2013, 05:42 PM
Is that the kit Gary fitted to Neils car? The following thread has pictures, it was at Tatton and looked amazing but Gary said the kit was a nightmare to fit. I hope he stuck it on well as 400bhp is seriously fast :-)

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?14804-new-project-something-a-bit-different/page4

chief44
5th June 2013, 05:52 PM
Nice looking car that. (The one for sale I mean. That f1 thing looks a tad silly for my liking).

snoball
5th June 2013, 07:51 PM
think so but the f1 front bumper is a complete top to bottom job not a partial bolt on like the one is gary's pics

that car gary's done in that thread looks totally nuts :):) want a go......... :):)

Retro_Boy_G
2nd October 2013, 11:34 AM
My old car, thanks guys! I was sad to see it go..