PDA

View Full Version : Harewood Hillclimb School Day video

HowardB
12th May 2013, 08:53 PM
Had a great day here a week or so ago . . . I'm almost exactly 15 minutes into the video, followed by a nutty Ariel Atom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnTc8aWYGs

mk1 dal
12th May 2013, 10:31 PM
hi howard , it wont play mate . im getting a message (this video is private ) errrrrrrrrrrr

HowardB
13th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Have changed my Youtube settings, would you mind trying it and letting me know if it's sorted.

Cheers, Howard

coverco
13th May 2013, 09:04 PM
That looks great fun, I assume you did two runs as your passenger keeps appearing and disappearing :-)

HowardB
13th May 2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, over the course of the day we got about a dozen runs or so. The passenger is one of the instructors who talked us through a few runs.
You could also go out with the instructor driving: one has a class winning 205GTI, and going up the hill with him showed me what driving really could be!!! I think he's somewhere on the vid.

chief44
13th May 2013, 10:11 PM
Is it the white one that pops up towards the end? Looks like he's giving it the beans. 34mins 37 secs and 35mins 40secs.
I'd love to have a go at something like this. Hopefully I'll grow a pair and have a try sometime.

HowardB
14th May 2013, 06:42 PM
It was much less intimidating than I thought, very friendly crowd and although hillclimbing is very competitive, I think because you go in turn, there's no red mist\you carved me up nonsense and it's all more relaxed as a result! (That sentence was too long!)