PDA

View Full Version : Message from Peter: - Prescott Revival / MR2 Rally 10-11 August

Ursula
11th May 2013, 09:27 AM
Last year, some of us took advantage of an invitation from the Marcos Club to join them at Prescott Hill Climb, near Cheltenham. We offered a Rally on the Saturday, combined with our AGM there on the Sunday – only two of us took advantage of the Saturday, with around 10 attending the AGM the next day.

It's a really lovely place, with an excellent camping field with loos and showers, plus a decent bar and café / restaurant, plus the fun of the hill-climb.

We've been provided with 15 free-of-charge entry passes this year again, so there's scope for running a Rally there again this year.

Problem is that I am fully engaged with Norton Motorcycles, with whom I've now got a part-time position as Events Co-ordinator, and will be at the Donington Classic Bikes Festival that same weekend in my Norton capacity.

So, here's a challenge – is there anyone out there prepared to organise this MR2 Club Rally opportunity? I'm happy to hand over all I have and provide an initial briefing, then it will be over to the hero (or heroine!!) who takes this one on.

I'm afraid if no-one comes out of the woodwork, our passes will just go to waste, and the Club will have missed a great opportunity.

Have a look at http://www.prescottrevival.net – the contact shown there, John Brookes, is the guy who we've dealt with in the past – very nice, very helpful guy

My full contact details are below, so please g.i.t. if you need more info or are prepared to put you hand up to help the Club realise this great opportunity.

Rgds
Peter

Peter Scatchard
Secretary, Upper Thames Branch, MR2 Mk1 Club
The Old Barn, 51 Chawley Lane, Cumnor, Oxford, OX2 9PX
Tel +44 (0)1865 864 864, Mbl +44 (0)7775 631 044
peter.scatchard@motorcyclewriter.co.uk

pistol pete
13th May 2013, 11:34 AM
i hope someone jumps up for this..
its is quite a way for me.. if my mk1.5 is ready by then i would try get over for the event and maybe have a go...

Ursula
17th June 2013, 10:07 AM
Further Message from Peter: -

No-one has come out of the woodwork to organise a rally at this event, but if you'd like an f.o.c. pass (the pass covers car and all passengers), pls send me an sae asap.

You can check out the event at http://www.prescottrevival.net

Peter Scatchard
Secretary, Upper Thames Branch, MR2 Mk1 Club
The Old Barn, 51 Chawley Lane, Cumnor, Oxford, OX2 9PX
Tel +44 (0)1865 864 864, Mbl +44 (0)7775 631 044
peter.scatchard@motorcyclewriter.co.uk