PDA

View Full Version : MR2 championship on TV - Thursday 9th May

PeteP
8th May 2013, 06:20 AM
I found out about this from mr2oc and thought I'd pass it along.

MR2 Championship from Brands Hatch - 4.50pm - Thursday 9th May - Motors TV.

It's channel 413 on Sky. I don't know if the channel is available on Virgin or Freeview.

Kateg28
8th May 2013, 08:40 AM
Excellent.

Via the powers of my Sky Go account, I am sitting at my desk in London and just set my sky box to record the series. I have no idea how it works, I think little pixies go to my house and press record.

coverco
9th May 2013, 05:03 PM
Recorded this but no MK1's only probes and MK3's :-)

PeteP
9th May 2013, 06:54 PM
Gah! :(

I don't think I'll bother watching it then. Seems odd to go with an old model like the Probe but then skip the MK1s.

Ben
9th May 2013, 07:20 PM
On youtube if anyone fancies a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jExpXBXTWvs

No Mk1s admittedly, but there's some very good racing in there :D

Kateg28
9th May 2013, 08:20 PM
Just watching it on sky plus. All interesting but hope we shall see some mk1s later in the series, the write up does say all three incarnations.

pistol pete
13th May 2013, 11:31 AM
Excellent.

Via the powers of my Sky Go account, I am sitting at my desk in London and just set my sky box to record the series. I have no idea how it works, I think little pixies go to my house and press record.

no pixies.. at work we just call it voodoo and we are engineers

Kateg28
14th May 2013, 04:44 AM
No pixies? :(

paulmannion
14th May 2013, 08:42 AM
I left a message on the championship facebook page and they've said that there's no mk1s registered at the moment. Didn't suggest any were likely too in the near future either. Is that Red Dragon Mk1 series running still or is that it for Mk1 racers? Perhaps our cars are too rare to risk rubbing paint these days...

PeteP
14th May 2013, 02:00 PM
Nice of the tv company to say that there were MK1s in a series with no MK1s in it. Big disappointment for me as I've no interest in MK2s at all, and MK3s are just a modern car.

I might have to dig around for some archive footage and coverage of hill climbs & sprints.