PDA

View Full Version : New Year, New Two

Andy_MK1
2nd May 2013, 09:19 PM
Evening guys and girls,

After selling my MK2 back in 2011 I have longed for another two. I'm no stranger to MR2'S. Ive had 5 MK1s and 2 MK2s. A little gem came up for sale local to me I couldn't pass up. A red MK1B 1989 so the last of them. FSH and a folder full of service history. 100% standard except for a Magnex Exhaust. The car runs very will and has had a lot of new parts, bodywork wise its solid, The rears of the sills need done in the usual place but it's getting done next week for £150 so not so bad. I will get some pics asap but im glad to back in a MK1.

On another note the temp gauge doesn't rise above the quarter way mark, could this be the thermostat?

Anyway Hi :)

Kateg28
3rd May 2013, 07:32 AM
Hello.

Good to see someone else back in a Mk1.

Falkirk is a long way but there are a couple of enthusiasts near you. Well they are in Scotland and I am ignorant of Scottish geography other then Edinburgh.

They are in Fife I think.

tommundy
3rd May 2013, 09:00 AM
The temperature issue you mention probably could be the thermostat. It's the first thing to try anyway! Make sure you follow the proper bleeding procedure as usual. :)

Looking forward to updates.

Cheers,
Tom

PeteP
3rd May 2013, 10:54 AM
Lucky man, Andy. I went all the way to North Yorkshire to get mine - and I'm just up the road from you (Aberdeen). If you fancy a car with a little more potential for tinkering I'd happily swap for my '88 white T-bar. :???:

Donna
3rd May 2013, 08:44 PM
Hi Andy,

Small world, I was going to stick up a spotted post as I've never seen the mk1 in the area before today.

I saw you passing the new Denny high school this afternoon, car looked amazing. I work in denny so if I see you about I will stop for a chat. It was so weird seeing a mk1 on the road I nearly crashed.

Cheers

Donna