PDA

View Full Version : supercharger , is a great word

eddieb
26th April 2013, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone, i'm a new member :) , ive just bought an mr2 mk1 supercharger XOI 337 ,
i've been after buying this for nearly a year but my sister wouldn't sell it,:(
she had it on our cousins farm, collecting animal poop of every description, anyway I finally got her to part with it woohoo:D
to cut along story short for the time being, I hope to get it on the road soon, once I can get it out of my garage one sunny day ill take some pics

Kateg28
26th April 2013, 09:57 AM
ooh a new SC in the fold. Tell us more....

Age, Colour, variant (Is it Sunroof, t-bar or tin top).

And more about you, (age, history etc). Lots of experience and good members on here. Welcome to the club.

alpha13
26th April 2013, 10:05 AM
not just a grrrrreat word...a great sound too :D :D :D ;) :) lol
welcome aboard eddie and best wishes with the new baby :) :) :)

eddieb
26th April 2013, 10:17 AM
its an 86 sunroof model in red ( slightly pinkish at the moment ) i'm pushing 50 , had a lot of wonderful makes and models of cars in my time but this it my first mr2, some might say mid life crises but I say so hahahaha :) I really fancied a mk2 until I saw this one and it was, I want it at first sight :) :) its got 18" alloys and in no way did the reg have any bearing on my decision :) , I'd have bought it anyway , cant wait to get it on the road, my mate wants a race againt his Suzuki sv1000 , I told him its illegal to race :):):)

Kateg28
26th April 2013, 11:28 AM
Excellent. We look forward to the photos. There are a few SC on the forum although they are vastly outnumbered by the N/A. I have had three MR2's (a white T-Bar, a Mica Blue T-Bar and this one, a Mica Red TinTop SC) and loved them all.

Get yourself along to some shows and meet some others.

coverco
26th April 2013, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the club, Northern Irish registrations are quite nice :-)

tommundy
26th April 2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forums Eddie!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures and more info on the car! :)

Cheers,
Tom

Club Chairman & Webmaster

julianw
26th April 2013, 02:23 PM
welcome. Will we see you at any of the shows this year? I'm guessing you.re already familiar with the Tatton ones?

charged
26th April 2013, 02:34 PM
Welcome along Eddie!

Donna
28th April 2013, 03:08 PM
Hi Eddie,

This is my old car, Its a supercharger conversion, the body had a full resto before I bought it, the owner who done the work was a member on imoc.

Get some pics up, it's been a long time since I've seen it and I have fond memories of it,

Cheers

Donna

eddieb
28th April 2013, 07:50 PM
im just trying to figure out how hehe , thinking is hard

phaeton
28th April 2013, 07:52 PM
What did it drive like on 18" rims? I had 17" on one of my old ones for a few weeks & then took them off it was horrible, went to 15" which I feel is probably best.

Alan..