paulmannion
21st April 2013, 11:07 AM
£9,995!

http://www.4starclassics.com/Toyota-MR2-For-Sale/

BARNEY
21st April 2013, 11:43 AM
£9,995!

http://www.4starclassics.com/Toyota-MR2-For-Sale/

Yeah that's near me. A little bit pricey though! Did they even cost that new?!

michaeljapp
21st April 2013, 01:10 PM
Looks like it has had work to the rear arches as well.

EppingMk1SC
21st April 2013, 05:20 PM
Very expensive for the seller, hence the high asking price. I spoke to them about selling my SC, they suggested putting it up for £10-12k, but their minimum commission is around £4,000, plus you have to pay an upfront preparation cost of around £500. The seller of this Mk1 might net £5,000 assuming it goes for near asking price.

coverco
21st April 2013, 08:36 PM
Blue interior :o

chris69
21st April 2013, 09:59 PM
Would have cost £12,250 new. Not sure what that is in today's money.

I was preparing to tear this apart just for the nerve of asking 10k but if you look closely there's a bit more to worry about than that.

Obvious things to note, some pretty obvious rust on the bolts by the wiper arm, engine and boot lid hinges, exhaust silencer is also rusting quiet nicely, sideskirt rubber seals have been poorly fitted at the front joins, nearside sidelight cluster is squiff and the bonnet shut lines are shocking. Also to nit pic (and for 10k I bloody well would be) the engine is clean to an extent but simple things like polishing the cam covers and replacing rusty clips really annoy me. For even half that money it wouldn't take me long to walk away.

They will be staring at that for a long time, unless of course they find a rich, slightly dim, mr2 enthusiast who happens to want a white sunroof model with a blue interior.

Jimbo_Jet
22nd April 2013, 08:23 AM
While it's very nice surely it can't be worth more than £4,000 max? IMHO

I'd personally probably only be willing to pay £3,000 for it tops.

paulmannion
22nd April 2013, 08:26 AM
What's wrong with a blue interior! I've got blue...

coverco
22nd April 2013, 09:55 AM
What's wrong with a blue interior!

It's blue :D

superwhite90
22nd April 2013, 10:28 AM
Blue interior is ming mong.

charged
22nd April 2013, 11:11 AM
Crazy money

cchrysos
22nd April 2013, 12:46 PM
This one seems like much better value to me!

Nicer spec (Black interior), lower mileage, great history and less than half the price.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C380365

Check out the link to the walk around video.

Refresh the cam cover and throttle bracket, put on the original wheels (Supplied) and this one looks like a show winner to me!

charged
22nd April 2013, 03:42 PM
I'd rather spend a grand on a good usable Mk1 which I'd have no issue parking at the shops or driving sideways to work but yes, that's a bit better..

andyj
22nd April 2013, 05:10 PM
Would have cost £12,250 new. Not sure what that is in today's money.

I was preparing to tear this apart just for the nerve of asking 10k but if you look closely there's a bit more to worry about than that.

Obvious things to note, some pretty obvious rust on the bolts by the wiper arm, engine and boot lid hinges, exhaust silencer is also rusting quiet nicely, sideskirt rubber seals have been poorly fitted at the front joins, nearside sidelight cluster is squiff and the bonnet shut lines are shocking. Also to nit pic (and for 10k I bloody well would be) the engine is clean to an extent but simple things like polishing the cam covers and replacing rusty clips really annoy me. For even half that money it wouldn't take me long to walk away.

They will be staring at that for a long time, unless of course they find a rich, slightly dim, mr2 enthusiast who happens to want a white sunroof model with a blue interior.

Yes, seller is having a bit of fun asking this price. Noticed immediately the mudflaps sprayed completely white, no silver "MR2" - how tacky! Also, seen the out of alignment rear valence stripes against the bumper stripes. Bumper itself not on straight. Yes, very clearly had a rear arch repair and lacks detail finish. Yes, as you say that bonnet is all over the place compared with surrounding panels. Errr...for that money shouldn't is all be original and immaculate? Bit of a laugh in my opinion.

snoball
19th May 2013, 12:30 PM
it's been reduced to £8495 --- still seriously overpriced.

the one i've got - gary's old one - is worth a lot more than that :) (thankyou gary) plus the interior of mine looks a darn sight better too :) cos it's black n white and not blue :)

for 8495 i'd be expecting it to be in a lot better condition than it is.

PeteP
19th May 2013, 05:52 PM
For that money I'd want two minters or three very good condition ones. I could literally have bought 10 of mine for that money. Even sinking in the same again on tweeks and tinkering I won't break £2k.

Maybe they are hoping Mike Brewer will come along and haggle hard to get it for £7k! :cool:

snoball
19th May 2013, 07:25 PM
what and get me old (ed) china to sort out for him lol :) think that even he'd have a right laugh cos they did do an MR2 up on wheeler dealers from what i remember..............

paulsims2001
17th June 2013, 03:40 PM
Yes I bought it but sadly it was way too far gone and they did a pretty poor job of it !! Chassis legs etc were completely rotten

coverco
17th June 2013, 03:50 PM
Which one did you buy Paul?

snoball
17th June 2013, 04:10 PM
if it's the one off wheeler dealers then i think it was a red mk1b t-bar --- is that right paul ?????

cabbydave
17th June 2013, 08:42 PM
The red one I saw it full of filler sills hanging off and huge amount of leaks from seals and the top of the screen. The wheels were the best part

Station
20th June 2013, 07:38 PM
Never trust an advert using white rooms and lighting, always see it in normal lighting. I bet that's hiding a few horrors!

snoball
20th June 2013, 08:31 PM
just a few ?????

snoball
21st June 2013, 01:19 PM
it's down to £7495 now :o

give it a few more weeks and it might be worth getting even if it's just for spares lol :)

Deadly_smell
21st June 2013, 01:41 PM
After a close look at this the rear aches and rear corners are full of filler, worth at most £1500 if it had a full years MOT and a poper service history, the ad states 13 stamps in the service book which isn't much over 25 years

mk1 dal
21st June 2013, 03:56 PM
if this cars only worth 1500 at the most we all might as well scrap them all , the arches look original to me as you can see the spot welds on the lips and it still as the lower seam edge on the lower grill panel . its a very nice car but over priced id say its worth well over 3000 all day long

coverco
21st June 2013, 05:13 PM
I love my MK1 but if I had £3000 to spend it would not be on a MK1 :-(

snoball
21st June 2013, 06:20 PM
if i had 3 grand to get another car then i'd have a starlet glanza everytime :)

Deadly_smell
22nd June 2013, 07:11 AM
if this cars only worth 1500 at the most we all might as well scrap them all , the arches look original to me as you can see the spot welds on the lips and it still as the lower seam edge on the lower grill panel . its a very nice car but over priced id say its worth well over 3000 all day long

I disagree about the spot welds, if you zoom in you can clearly see the aches are not the correct curve and on the near side just above the mud flap there is a badly filled section with an indent. Don't get me wrong I would pay in excess of 3K for a car that was mint but this one isn't. Its a tarted up average car looking for some one to come along not knowing what their looking at, thinking it must be good because its expensive.

littlegreyfella
11th July 2013, 03:46 PM
Been and seen this car too. Definitely had a lot of work.

coverco
11th July 2013, 04:53 PM
Having work done is a good thing if it is done right, but that car is seriously overpriced. The worrying thing is if someone who knows nothing about MK1's buys it they will have issues in the future.

snoball
15th July 2013, 07:33 PM
it's now at £7495 !!!!!

Rob1966
16th July 2013, 12:23 PM
it's now at £7495 !!!!!

And now at £6495 on Pistonheads - still way to much..

snoball
16th July 2013, 01:46 PM
it's gunna about 1500 when it gets sold - if it gets sold lol :)