PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sub Box & Amp

superwhite90
2nd April 2013, 01:08 PM
I have decided to sell my custom box with sub and amplifier as it won't be going back in my Mk1 due to weight saving issues and cannot put it in my daily driver as I'd have to change the head unit.

The box was designed to sit behind the passenger seat, with in my case, part of the bulkhead material cut out. The carpet is cut so it sits on top of the box so nothing is on show apart from when you open the door. The box is made from 3/4" MDF and weighs around 12kg.

The sub inside is a JL Audio W3V2 10" packing 300 Watts RMS http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/9013/media_document/dev_1/10W3v2_MAN.pdf?1317790407 - the sub is as new with no damage around the mounting ring or any damage on the cone. Really, really good quality sub. A tad old yes, but still better than the crap JBL sell these days.

The Amp - retro Phoenix Gold XS2500 - these were around £900 8-9 years ago. I bought this 3 years ago, not cheap at the time, but it is more than capable of powering the sub, in fact it powered 2 when my brother owned the same amp, but 2x 15" JL Audio subs, so there is a lot of potential in this Amp. I'm running it over 2 ohms at the moment and the sound quality is amazing.

Specs:
4 ohm stereo: 125 WRMS x 2
2 ohm stereo: 250 WRMS x 2
4 ohm bridged: 500 WRMS x 1

The only issue with the amp is that it doesn't have any feet and I cannot get any from PG either.

I shall post up photos later on tonight. It's a shame that I am selling this as i'll miss it, but I need the money to buy my camshafts and head gasket, so they've got to go :(

£120 plus £20 delivery or collection.

Thanks