PDA

View Full Version : Custom LED rear spoiler

Woodsport
30th March 2013, 06:02 PM
Hi folks, last year i made this LED brake light spoiler, it's not just a spoiler with a lamp bonded into it, i took the time to blend in a Toyota Windom light housing into the spoiler, then the Windom LED unit screws into the spoiler exactly the same as a factory item would. This looks identical to the USDM Toyota version.

I am selling because my car has had a custom carbon spoiler upgrade so this one is surplus to requirements.

I am looking for £150 ono, there was about 40 hours went into this and i couldn't find one for sale anywhere.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/05/IMG_0235-1.jpg

I have build pics of it being made if anyone wants to see it.

All you need to do is run the wiring to your rear brake light and T the wires in, all wiring is already there.

Shaner
31st March 2013, 12:24 AM
Hi Paul,

I am interested in the spoiler - I have an SC, but I imagine the fitment is identical?

However my car is Mica blue - would it be expensive / a stupid idea to get it repainted?

Shane.

Woodsport
31st March 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi Shane, yes fitment is identical, it would obviously need repainting Mica blue but i could do that for you if you were in no serious rush for it, i would need a fortnight to clear some other painting i have to do, cost would be approx £90 which would include all paint and materials.

Thanks Paul.

Woodsport
1st April 2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Shane can you let me know if you're still interested as i have someone else wanting to buy, you were the first to show interest, thanks Paul.

Shaner
1st April 2013, 11:11 PM
Hi Paul,

I'm definitely still interested as I've been looking for an LED spoiler for quite a while. I am not in a rush at all for it, and in fact I was going to get in touch with you anyway as I am looking to get some work done on my car. I only bought it last summer and its been in storage over this never ending winter for about 6 months now - so I'd like to get it over to you for a full check-over, service and some touch up painting / light bodywork.

I am also thinking about a variety of "mild" upgrades (brakes / suspension / exhaust / larger SC pulley etc.), but I think I'll need to have a chat with you about these. I live in Dublin, but would be very happy to take a road trip to the UK and then leave the car with you for however long is required.

Anyway, in relation to the spolier, would you be able to hold onto it until I bring the car over and then you could paint and fit it when doing the other work? This probably wouldn't be for another few months though, but I would be happy to pay a deposit or whatever you need to secure the spoiler now (assuming you have space to store it).

If you could let me know when is the best time to give you call, then I will get in touch to arrange about bringing the car over etc.

Thanks for your help Paul,

Shane.

Woodsport
2nd April 2013, 06:21 AM
Hi Shane, unfortunately i can't help you with the other work, i stopped doing general repairs and servicing about 7 years ago, all i do these days are engine conversions.

On top of that i have a 5 month waiting list for my engine conversion work, i'm really sorry.

I can still paint the spoiler for you and send it over, let me know what you would like to do, thanks Paul.

MR2MK1
9th June 2013, 12:17 AM
Hi Paul did the spoiler ever sell

Woodsport
9th June 2013, 08:18 AM
Hi, Shane has called dibs on it but is subject to the car coming here later in the year for work, have a word with Shane and see what his plans are now, the spoiler is still here.

MR2MK1
9th June 2013, 11:24 AM
Ok Paul thanks for the reply
I have sent Shane a message with regard to the spoiler and i have emailed you pics of the wheels to your wood-sport email address let me know that they came through ok
Colin

Woodsport
9th June 2013, 04:07 PM
Hi Colin, the spam filter picked the email up but i've had a look now, sadly they are too badly damaged for me to use i'm afraid, it would cost too much to repair them, so i'll have to say no for now mate, such a shame as they are really nice.

MR2MK1
9th June 2013, 06:20 PM
Ok Paul that's why I wanted to let you see them better before I would ship them
But if Shane ends up not taking the spoiler give me a shout I have messaged and emailed him to see if he still wants it
Cheers
Colin

Shaner
10th June 2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Colin,

I sent an email to your personal email address last night - did you get it OK?

I still want the spoiler as I have been looking for one with the LED brake light for quite a while. I still intend to bring the car over to Paul in a few months for some work, when he said he would also fit the spoiler for me. I haven't had time set up any firm dates yet as my work has been crazy busy and I've been on holiday for the last 2 1/2 weeks (plus Paul seems to be out the door busy as well). I've just arrived back home and in a semi-conscious state of jet lag right now - so I'll give Paul a call tomorrow and confirm about the spoiler with him.
Shane.