PDA

View Full Version : Towbar wanted

Tecka
29th March 2013, 07:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm planning on using my mk1 to do some sightseeing and camping this summer.

I'm hoping to find a retro trailer tent that I can pull but am struggling to find a detachable towbar that will fit.

Looking through old threads some people seem to have whiters but I can't find one on the website. Other people seem to have made their own.

Any advice would be appreciated, if anyone has one they no longer need give me a shout.

Cheers

Terry

kevin..in
29th March 2013, 10:51 AM
try somewhere like towsure, you should be able to get one without too much hassle, pretty sure mine is a witter one, which fits to the rear torque/engine mount and between the 2 rear towing eyes, its a 15 mins on/off job to fit/disconect, for home made Bill Hulme is the man in the know as he made his own and has a trailer tent too

Tecka
29th March 2013, 06:04 PM
Cheers, I've looked on towsure and witters but they don't show any to fit when I put the mk1 details in.

The only site that I can find that says they have one that'll fit is towequipe but only the fixed ones.

I'll try messaging Bill to get his advice if I can't find ought else.

phaeton
29th March 2013, 11:14 PM
I have one which I will sell for £60 plus postage, it's a fixed one but only 3 bolts gets it on & off.

Alan,,,

Tecka
31st March 2013, 12:21 PM
Hi Alan,

Cheers for the offer, I'll inbox you my postcode so we can figure out the postage.

I might have to wait for funds though because I've just discovered I need new calipers to go with the new bearings, discs and pads on the rear.

Tecka
31st March 2013, 12:29 PM
Alan, just tried sending a message but your inbox is full.

I don't wish to post by postcode on a public forum and also assume you wouldn't want to post the payment details on here. Clear some room and I'll resend.

Terry

phaeton
31st March 2013, 02:06 PM
Terry,

PM emptied, apparently the limit is 5

Alan...