PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Mk1 servicing and / or renovation

Johnsf
22nd March 2013, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone, I am a new member who hasn't yet got a Mk1 but is seriously looking for one. Unfortunately as I am not mechanically inclined I will need to get someone to carry out regular maintenance and any restoration work. I would like to get a fairly decent one to start and then try and get it brought up to original showroom standard. Can anyone recommend someone in or around the Stockport / Glossop / Manchester / Sheffield area ? Would a Toyota main dealer be any good ? I rang our local one and they told me they could get parts ok, but I assume they would be very expensive. John.

sunsurfer
26th March 2013, 12:15 PM
Hello John
Me also in exactly the same area(!). I've had MR2's for nearly 9 years now bodywork has been done by Finesse in Hazel Grove
Finesse Auto Bodies

Address: Hope St
Postcode: SK7 4EL
City/Town: Hazel Grove, Stockport (Greater Manchester)
Main phone: 0161 612 0818

They only do bodywork and I think at reasonable prices. I'm also looking for a new garage to do mechanical servicing and repairs.
Good luck with your search for a Mk1
Mickey

superwhite90
26th March 2013, 12:23 PM
MK1Dal (Gary) who is on this forum and IMOC is a top draw resto man! He's in Buxton I believe! Excellent workmanship and stunning prices!

Johnsf
26th March 2013, 09:50 PM
Thankyou both for your replies.
Buxton would be very convenient, indeed I spent the first 15 years of my life in Buxton !
( Of course its currently cut off by snow )
Does MK1Dal (Gary) also do mechanicals and whereabouts in Buxton would I find him?
Mickey, let me know if you find a good garage for servicing and repairs.
John.

sunsurfer
27th March 2013, 05:44 PM
Gary (Mk1 dal) has suggested Phil at Sladen Lane garage Buxton for mechanical servicing and repairs. Gary can do bodywork

Mickey

Thankyou both for your replies.
Buxton would be very convenient, indeed I spent the first 15 years of my life in Buxton !
( Of course its currently cut off by snow )
Does MK1Dal (Gary) also do mechanicals and whereabouts in Buxton would I find him?
Mickey, let me know if you find a good garage for servicing and repairs.
John.

Johnsf
1st April 2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you Mickey, have looked up where Sladen Lane is, just need to know where to find Gary (Mk1 dal).

John

Master-B
1st April 2013, 08:03 PM
I think you mean Staden Lane Garage. Phil and Ben know their way round mk1's so you are in safe hands there.

Johnsf
1st April 2013, 08:13 PM
oops yes it is Staden Lane and thanks for that further recommendation,

John

mk1 dal
1st April 2013, 09:24 PM
hi . you will find me at the same garage (mk1 dal) . the number for Staden Lane Garage is 01298 72792 . there is now a paint booth fitted next door to paint the cars to perfection .

pics of new booth

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/7463/picture420l.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/4265/picture419f.jpg

Kateg28
2nd April 2013, 08:07 AM
That looks like a vauxhall chevette, surely it cannot be?

Master-B
2nd April 2013, 10:19 AM
Hi Kate, I reckon its a 91-94 Polo Coupe, profile does look similar to a Chevette though on the pics