PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any dealings with Fab4Mr2 (aka q-authority)?

Shaner
17th March 2013, 02:27 PM
Hi there fellow Mk1 enthusiasts.

Just wondered if anyone out there has had dealings with or bought anything from the guy above?

I bought an HKS oversize crank pulley for my 88 SC from him just before Christmas last year, and after paying a considerable sum for it, it has still not arrived. I have tried to contact him repeatedly, but he has gone quiet and is ignoring all attempts I have made to contact him.

His name I believe is David House (e-mail dhouse53@frontier.com), and he seems to be somewhat of a technical authority on the Mk1 MR2. He is usually very active on the MR2 Board at MR2.com, and is also registered on pretty much every Mk1 / 4agze forum around the world. He has been selling a lot of super rare items indeed for the Mk1 NA & SC - until recently that is.

I really don't want to believe I've been ripped off here, but that's what it looks like at the minute. I really don't understand why he has done this, because he seemed to be a real enthusiast for the MK1SC. Perhaps I have been too trusting, but it has sure put me off buying stuff for my car online.

Anyway, it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had any dealings or problems with him, and if you are engaged in buying something from him, please proceed with caution.

Also if anyone knows where I can find another HKS pulley I would be exceptionally grateful. I realise these are like hens teeth, but I don't want to fit a pulley as large as the fensport one as I would prefer just to increase the boost slightly rather than almost doubling it.

Thanks in advance for any help / info.

Shane.

Ben
17th March 2013, 03:17 PM
He was very active (and yes, very knowledgable) for a while, but I've not heard anything from him for a while. He's based in the US IIRC...

tommundy
17th March 2013, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear about this Shane.

I have checked and the last activity for Fab4Mr2 on here was on the 18th January 2013.

Have you had any luck with other forums?

Cheers,
Tom

Shaner
24th March 2013, 10:33 PM
Hi Tom,

I have sent him numerous PM's via the MR2 boards forum, and have put up a post asking for shipping information / confirmation or my money back, so people will see that he is not reliable. This is the original for sale thread (with my latest post) here: http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk-1-parts-fs/Toyota-MR2-87473-fs-4agze-hks-pulley-very-good-shape-balanced.html

If I don't hear anything back, I will put up a more strongly worded "Don't trust this seller" post on every website I can.

For anyone else reading this, definitely do not trust this guy, I still haven't had any contact whatsoever since I sent the payment for the pulley. FYI he is based in San Diego in the USA as far I know.

Just out of interest Tom, do you have any other contact details for him by any chance?

Shane.

tommundy
27th March 2013, 06:04 PM
Hi Shane,

Unfortunately not, no. The only other info I have is some IP addresses that he logged on from.

Good luck in your hunt!

Cheers,
Tom