PDA

View Full Version : Mk1a in rare black

cchrysos
10th March 2013, 08:00 PM
Mk1a in black. Not many of these around.

Needs resto but hopefully someone will restore it

Chrys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-TOYOTA-MK1-MR2-BLACK-PROJECT-FOR-SUMMER-FUN-/151010086484?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2328e70e54

cabbydave
10th March 2013, 09:50 PM
Some one will break that Chrys its got the steering wheel everyone wants the front panel looks good and if the rear subframes are good theres a £500 return for a breaker alone. MK1a bits seem to be going for fortunes

cchrysos
10th March 2013, 10:16 PM
That would be a real shame eh Dave.

Jak_01
11th March 2013, 09:11 PM
Was just about to post this, its the same year and a cross over like my black Mk1A (MK1B side intake, Mk1a ariel etc). Would be a real shame to see this getting broken!, wish I had the money (and space!) it would of made a nice brother to my one ;). Black MK1a's look great in my opinion, heres mine for some inspiration (+SC lights and mk1a wheels) shes not perfect but certainly very good. Please someone restore the one listed! :)
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/03/snjxn6-1.jpg

Thanks
Jack

cchrysos
11th March 2013, 11:22 PM
Very nice Jack!

Sweetpea
11th March 2013, 11:23 PM
It's like my black MK1a project except it's in better condition! Wonder what it's like underneath.

Interestingly mine was registered 2 months before this one but mine has skirts and the early air intake.

James

cchrysos
12th March 2013, 07:50 AM
Out of interest.....with these cross over models which have the new style air intakes, are the air filters in the old or new location?

paulsims2001
21st March 2013, 07:11 PM
Out of interest.....with these cross over models which have the new style air intakes, are the air filters in the old or new location?
they are in the old place and dont go into the boot. I have two 1a crossovers that I am slowly trying to do up but dont seem to get the time, hopefully when the weather gets better I will spend some precious time on them

cchrysos
21st March 2013, 10:53 PM
they are in the old place and dont go into the boot. I have two 1a crossovers that I am slowly trying to do up but dont seem to get the time, hopefully when the weather gets better I will spend some precious time on them

Excellent...what colours are they/will they be Paul?

jwmotors
23rd March 2013, 01:03 AM
Anybody buy the one on ebay? i paid the bloke a deposit then he made a story up about it being stolen just as i was on my way to collect

Jak_01
23rd March 2013, 01:44 PM
Im also interested to see if anyone bought it?

paulsims2001
24th March 2013, 07:24 AM
Hi
I have a black one , a red one,silver and a sherwood green and silver one, all run and drive apart from the Sherwood one which has had the fuel pump go on it but runs when I connect a makeshift fuel line/pump .
The silver one is very tidy but has a few scraps and will need a respray as trying to match the silver would be a nightmare,the black one needs a good day on it to flatten the paintwork , the red one has had a respray at some point so is very tidy but needs a new bumper as it had a bit of a knock on it,the sherwood is solid but has a few rust spots showing and again will need respraying .