PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

r69bp
25th February 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Peeps just thought I would say hello as I have just joined this club of course I am a keen Jap car fan as once having owned MK1 MR2 back in the early 90's and I am looking to buy one again! but so long as the car is sound mechanically not to bothered about the bodywork but always will try to get best I can afford anyone got a cheapo going LOL!.I have not been able to drive a car for over a year now,but am desperate to get some wheels,main problem was insurance in the area I live in any car I picked was always £700 upto £1200 no points ,max no claims, just a crap area of London (All of it LOL).
Anyways just thought I would say a hello to all.

Regards

Bobby.

muckyman
25th February 2013, 06:39 PM
Hi Bobby,
welcome to the forum!
I also recently came back to the AW11 after owning a few many years ago.
Great little cars and so much fun.
How much are you looking to pay for a car? There's a lot of crap out there unfortunately.
If you're not concerned about body work, don't forget that it's the bits you can't see that'll cause you problems. If the body is bad, imagine what the sills and floor could be like.
Spend a decent amount and get a decent car (hopefully). Worked for me.
I'm sure there's plenty on here who can advise on anything you spot
Good luck
Michael

tommundy
25th February 2013, 06:42 PM
Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the forums!

Really solid examples of the Mk1 are getting harder to find, but there are still plenty of sweet ones out there; it's just a matter of being keen eyed and being willing to travel.

Insurance can be a pain, but if you're of a more mature age it should be much more agreeable! :)

If you like it here, you might want to think about joining the club and attending some events. You can do this by clicking on the Upgrade Membership button at the top and following it through.

Enjoy your stay here! :)

Cheers,
Tom

HowardB
25th February 2013, 06:52 PM
Hi and welcome! Good luck with your search. . .

jumpman33
25th February 2013, 07:11 PM
Try and buy one from mk1 dal and you'll be laughing! i know i am :)

AW11mike
25th February 2013, 07:16 PM
hi bobby,ive just joined too,its a great forum,:) mike.

r69bp
25th February 2013, 09:14 PM
Hi Peeps,

Thank you all for the lovely tips I am planning to buy a nice MR2 but the other half does not know it yet LOL!
Yes hopefully when I have some money together as I have recently had a knee op and recovering so I am just keeping an eye out as they say,I will be pecking your heads for information and hopefully one day at the meets we may catch up.
At the moment can't work but hopefully in a few months I can get back to work and then catch the car I have been waiting for again.
Yes their is alot of dodgy MK1's out there but hopefully we can avoid those.
I am quite happy to travel to scotland if I get the right car needless to say a nice casual drive back never been to Scotland!
I also belong to the Celica car club I use to ahve a Cabriolet St162 sadly had to have it scrapped no where to park her,I have quite a few spares if anyone needs some.Going quite cheap!!!!!
Thanks again guys.

Kateg28
26th February 2013, 07:38 AM
Hello. Which part of London?

I am trying to organise a little get together on the Herts Essex borders and you are welcome to come along. You can have a good look at our cars and see what you like.

Welcome to the club, very friendly and knowledgeable.

r69bp
26th February 2013, 10:57 AM
Hi Kateg28

I am in Souf London LOL Sadly Croydon it would be nice to get to a meet but at the moment I have no wheels and also recovering from a Cruciate ligament op,I am hoping to be near fitness by April /May I hope anyway sorry you guys did not want a life story LOL!,yes no I would love to come andf see what car's are around and hopefully get something and surprise the other half LOL.