PDA

View Full Version : Local get together?

Kateg28
22nd February 2013, 11:48 AM
We all keep talking about it but what about getting one organised?

I am suggesting Saturday 2nd March at 1pm. There is a pub just off the M11 at Harlow called the Rainbow and Dove (it is In Hastingwood Road, Hastingwood) which has good write ups. I have looked on google and the car park is reasonable.

If anyone has any better ideas?

Anyone up for it?

EppingMk1SC
22nd February 2013, 05:23 PM
Given how close that is to home, it would be rude not to! Put me down as a yes. (Replied in both too!)

clarky
22nd February 2013, 07:08 PM
Should be o.k as long as it does'nt rain!!!

Kateg28
22nd February 2013, 07:25 PM
Why? Do you dissolve?

Only kidding, if you really don't want to bring the mr2 in the rain, you can come in something else as long as:

A) park it elsewhere
B) bring pictures of your mr2
C) be prepared to do a forfeit.

Paul, I should think so too!

Kateg28
26th February 2013, 07:41 AM
Come on everyone, there are lots of us around. Lets have some get togethers.

EppingMk1SC
26th February 2013, 11:20 AM
The weather looks clear for Saturday, so there should be no excuses not to come in case your car dissolves in the drizzle. Any takers other than Kate and myself?

Kate, have you posted on any 'other' site???

Kateg28
26th February 2013, 12:07 PM
Nope, can do. I know there are a few of us around the area with MK1's who always say they want to catch up.

I will keep bumping this thread and see how it goes.

andyj
26th February 2013, 02:50 PM
Nope, can do. I know there are a few of us around the area with MK1's who always say they want to catch up.

I will keep bumping this thread and see how it goes.

I'm afraid I won't be there as we're in Italy on holiday this week. Have great time.

andrewaw11
26th February 2013, 09:44 PM
I'd love to come but work Saturdays!!

EppingMk1SC
26th February 2013, 10:47 PM
I could do either Saturday or Sunday, but its up to Kate, looks like only the two (or three if clarky braves the weather ;) ) of us so far otherwise? Any one else?

Kateg28
27th February 2013, 07:02 AM
I struggle with Sundays as only day my other half is not at work. He is happy to come with me but he also has his son and that makes three of us.

That does not make it impossible as don't have to see him every week but just difficult. Not as difficult as working though. I can change it easily enough but this thread has 108 views and 2.5 people attending. Do we need to change the date to get others as well? Where is Cchrysos? There are lots in the area.

EppingMk1SC
28th February 2013, 05:48 PM
I'm going to bump this again as its sad to see no response to this meet-up, particularly as the weather looks like it should be fine and dry.

If anyone is thinking about coming, it's very easy to find, handy for both the M11 and M25, can you please reply to this message? Otherwise looks like its not happening, which would be a shame.

cchrysos
28th February 2013, 06:54 PM
Hello all.

Sorry i have not responded sooner.

I cant make Saturday unfortunately as i have another engagement otherwise i would have liked to have come.

The location is perfect for me, its just timing (and the lack of an MR2 but i can bring another car)

I will soon be getting the spitfire out again for the spring so i will bring that along instead.

EppingMk1SC
28th February 2013, 09:15 PM
Can we postpone then until we can get a least a few members who can make it?

andrewaw11
28th February 2013, 09:56 PM
I'd be keen to meet but as I said can't do saturdays

Kateg28
1st March 2013, 06:28 AM
Yes, let's postpone. Someone come up with a date and let us try a Sunday. Some of them will be ok for me.

superwhite90
1st March 2013, 01:30 PM
I'll be around in May as I hope to get my car done by Japfest - i'll be up for some meets when its all spanky.