PDA

View Full Version : new to forums AW11mike.

AW11mike
25th January 2013, 10:26 AM
Hello everyone,im new to forums,have had my MR2 for 7 years,spent thousands but worth it,i live on the wirral,30 mins from oulton park. any meets going to be there this year?

Master-B
25th January 2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Mike

Welcome. The event we were planning to go to there has been cancelled, but there are others there that are being looked into. Keep an eye on the events page.

Theres plenty of other stuff planned for the NW other than Oulton Park, check out http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?14466-Northwest-outings-for-2013

Lets see some pics of your mk1!

Cheers

Kris

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 09:43 AM
will do,thanks Kris,ive put photos in the garage,havent figured how to do it on the forum yet..

pistol pete
26th January 2013, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the club
Good to,see a new member

Make sure you we see you at jae

Master-B
26th January 2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=179

Great to see you have made it your own, with the 2 tone, scoop & bucket seats etc! I guess from the pics it gets used on a lot of track days!

Apart from the cosmetic mods, what mechanical mods have you done? looks like there have been a few changes under the bonnet!

coverco
26th January 2013, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the forums, the car looks very nice indeed. That scoop adds at least 20 bhp :-)

Is it plumbed directly to your air filter? Mine is plumbed directly to my fuse box, not ideal but I like how it looks and as I don't drive it if it rains it doesn't matter much :-)

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 01:55 PM
yes mate,the scoop is now a sealed air box feeding a BMC aribox. it works very well. its got a TRD 0.8mm head gasket,and ARP headstuds.TRD plugs and MAGNACORE leads and POWERBOOST valve,its having a power run on the 9th feb,was 122 at the wheels before the BMC air box,i was running a K&N before ,was to small for high compression. thanks for asking guys:) what have you done to you MR2's guys?

Master-B
26th January 2013, 02:43 PM
Mine is relatively standard. Cosmetically its got a new interior made to the original pattern and some go faster stripes :-D Mechanically its got a lightweight crank pulley, a janspeed exhaust and has been lowered, but the suspension is tired... it was done in the mid 90's, so plan on some suspension work soon, polybushes, kyb inserts and springs. Going back to standard height as fed up of bottoming out on speedbumps and uneven b roads...

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 02:52 PM
have you got a photo Kris,sounds great. polybushes are great,change the car! im running BC's dropped 2",alot better than my old KONIS,are fine on speed bumps and pot holes!

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 03:06 PM
found photos of your MR2 Kris, looks amazing! i love the stripes,very cool:),you have the best wheels too!,looked great at Oulton!

Master-B
26th January 2013, 03:24 PM
Cheers mate, im very pleased with it & I hope the suspension work will make it drive as well as it looks. Ive had it for coming up for 3 years, it has never been quite as sharp to drive as my last one and became a proper handful on the last run we had last year, bouncing, pitching and rolling all over the place, I was shattered after a full day of driving and thats not happened before, so either I am older and unfitter than ever or the car needs a onceover. Will see for sure what the problem was when the events begin again this year!

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 03:29 PM
the polybushes will make it feel like a new car! keep up the good work Kris :) still jealous off your wheels!

mk1 dal
26th January 2013, 04:16 PM
hi and welcome to the club . loving your car and the engine detailing very nice :clap:. What colour is the two tone ,it suits the car very well . there is plenty going off in the northwest from march with runs and shows , you are more than welcome to come along and meet up with a great bunch who attend and enjoy the events . roll on summer .

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 04:21 PM
thanks mate,would be great to go to some meets, i know cant wait till summer,will be nice to get it out of the garage! its toyota grey 1B4, have you done much to yours?

AW11mike
26th January 2013, 04:27 PM
just found photos of your MR2,looks just like mine!:D

Jimbo_Jet
26th January 2013, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the club! We're a really friendly bunch in the north west, hope to see you at one of the club meets soon.

Your car looks great, what have you had done to your teardrop alloys? Are the diamond turned or polished?

AW11mike
27th January 2013, 09:18 AM
thanks Jim,will come along to some meets.the wheels are just polished,then waxed.:)

N Millar
15th February 2013, 01:44 PM
Hi Mike.
I am newbie here too - had my White MR2 for 6 years, spent thousands on it - and I too live on the Wirral :)

AW11mike
15th February 2013, 03:28 PM
cool ,what have you done to it? have you got any photos? will have to meet up,i live in brombrough :)

julianw
17th February 2013, 01:04 AM
welcome Mike. Look forward to meeting you on a run
Julian

AW11mike
17th February 2013, 08:48 AM
thanks Julian,will get out to some meets:) when they stop putting rocksalt on the roads!:(