PDA

View Full Version : Membership upgrade?

Ben
20th January 2013, 01:10 PM
Hi all

I've just paid my £10 to upgrade to full membership (let it lapse for a couple of years... Oops) but I can't see any of the technical forum sections, and I still have the 'Upgrade Membership' banner at the top of the page. I paid via PayPal yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing it's just a switch that needs pushing somewhere? :)

Thanks in advance

Ben

tommundy
20th January 2013, 01:26 PM
Hi Ben,

Cheers for wanting to become a member.

I've checked the transaction logs and can see that the payment has failed. I think this might be down to us currently transferring the PayPal account.

Can you confirm that the payment hasn't gone through on your end also?

I'll let you know once it should be working again and you can then try again.

Cheers,
Tom

Ben
20th January 2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Tom. I've checked my PayPal and it says that the money has gone from my account, but is currently 'unclaimed'.

I can cancel altogether if you like and try again later?

tommundy
20th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Yeh, do that, ta! :)

I've just made the two subscription choices in-active so that no-one else gets the same issue.

Ben
20th January 2013, 01:40 PM
All cancelled. Let me know when I can try again :)

jimi
20th January 2013, 02:28 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you check your current membership status ?

tommundy
20th January 2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Jimi,

Normally you'd be able to see your membership status by clicking the Upgrade Membership link at the top of the screen or finding it in your profile. However, I've just realised that with me making the Subscriptions in-active, this isn't showing currently. I've checked your profile though and you're still a full member, so no worry there. Your membership is currently set to expire on 7th December 2013.

Once we've sorted the PayPal side of things and re-actived the subscriptions, then you'll be able to see your membership status again.

I'm also going to add some code in to the site so that your membership status shows up at the top of the forum wherever you are. :)

Cheers,
Tom

jimi
20th January 2013, 03:22 PM
Cheers Tom
Reading the post made me think "when did I renew ?" and couldn't remember :oops:

coverco
20th January 2013, 04:31 PM
I did get an email saying you had paid Ben, I assumed Tom got the same email but obviously not. I have also received a cancelled paypal payment as well.

Michael and I have been trying to transfer the paypal account over to my control but a bit like changing the bank account details it is proving rather difficult. Bear with us please as it is a bit of a work in progress at the moment.

As an aside I hope you enjoy the super edition, it is a few years since I have seen it, I am sure you will look after it! I hope the blister above the windscreen is not as bad as my car, which was about as bad as it gets but everything is fixable :D

Ben
20th January 2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks Tommy. Keep us posted and I'll pay again when it's all up and running.

Yeah I'm looking forward to picking it up, will be (no doubt plenty!) more info in due course :)

The windscreen rust isn't great, but I've seen worse. Looks like it was the result of a badly-fitted windscreen at some point in the past. There's a very good bodyshop place I've used in the past who I'm confident will do a good job when the time comes!

pistol pete
21st January 2013, 10:35 PM
nice to see you back here mr ben

Ben
27th January 2013, 10:06 PM
Is it worth me trying the payment again?

tommundy
27th January 2013, 10:09 PM
Should be back online Wednesday evening. I'll confirm when it's ready.

Thanks for your patience dude!

Ben
27th January 2013, 10:38 PM
Cool! No worries :)

tommundy
30th January 2013, 06:37 PM
Hi Ben,

Can you have a bash now please? :)

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
30th January 2013, 06:43 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you check your current membership status ?
Hi Jimi,

You should be able to see your membership status again by clicking 'Upgrade Membership'.

That tab could possibly be renamed... Membership Info? Membership Status?

Alternatively, I could have two tabs and hide one or the other depending on whether you're a member or not. ie. if you're a member you see "Membership Status", if you're not, you see "Upgrade Membership".

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
30th January 2013, 07:42 PM
Alternatively, I could have two tabs and hide one or the other depending on whether you're a member or not. ie. if you're a member you see "Membership Status", if you're not, you see "Upgrade Membership".

This should be how it is now. :)

Ben
30th January 2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Ben,

Can you have a bash now please? :)

Cheers,
Tom

Looks good thanks dude :D

tommundy
30th January 2013, 08:01 PM
Sweet. Ta mate! :D

The Silver Fox
30th January 2013, 11:06 PM
Tom,

Any chance you could include membership expiry date on the new tab?

tommundy
31st January 2013, 07:37 AM
Tom,

Any chance you could include membership expiry date on the new tab?
Hi Douglas,

It does do, or rather, will do, in your case. As you joined and paid 'offline' so to speak, your membership data is stored elsewhere. Once I've completed the new membership database that is combining the offline world and online one, I'm hoping to display all member's expiry dates and membership numbers. This should appear within the clubs website in one form or another. :)

If you pay through the clubs online subscription service, then your membership info is already available to you.

Cheers,
Tom