PDA

View Full Version : Mr2 mk1 race parts for sale

LeeBarton
2nd January 2013, 03:13 PM
I have just had my new year blown apart!!! Having visited my doctor for my new racing licence medical, it appears i have a problem with my ticker, which is only beating at 40bpm (i thought the slower it went the better it was!!!!!).

My wife has told me for many years that i am too old to race, (even though i was still making front or second row on the grid) and couldn't afford it anyway (she was quite right there though!).

Anyway, this now leaves me with all the racing parts i have for my new project. I will list them, but if someone is contemplating building a racer or track car, then these will be just about all you need to complete it:

1. Safety devices roll cage (out of a 348gtb, but fits the mk1 (just needs a small adjustment on the main hoop footplates - 5 minute job).
2. Prothane bush kit 18-2008 which is one of the best available. Cost me over £160 and still boxed.
3. Sparco bonnet pins - new and still packaged.
4. 3" fia approved to 2015 harness - new and still packaged.
5. Full safety decal kit for tow hook, electrics, extinguisher etc. On full sheet and ready to fit.
6. Amb transponder - used but in perfect working order and ready to fit - not battery so doesn't need charging every outing. These are very hard to find and are very expensive.
7. New 2.225 plumbed in extinguisher kit - in box and never used - box unopened. Msa approved.
8. Master switch/cutoff with immobiliser/egnition cutoff - fia approved.
9. Led rain light to full msa specifications.

If you can think of anything else you need, i probably have it, including race numbers and backgrounds (rectangles) - have numbers 1,4 and 5 (3 or 4 of each) plus potentially others.

I also have a full set of red bull race car decals for my mica blue mk1, so you can even look like you are sponsored by the biggest!!!

I will probably have a good set of alloys (15") with good track tyres on (you will have to get new ones subject to whatever race series you enter).

I have a couple of timing watches, an out of date racing suit and whatever i find in my garage and/or wardrobe.

Offers by pm please and as i live in france, i can only bring the bits over to folkestone/ashford, kent area, as my grandkids are there and i come over every month (you can always come over and collect - wine and food thrown in free!!!!)

i am not a happy bunny and it doesn't help much more by being able to say that i'm 70 next year!!!! Again, my wife reminding me that perhaps it really is time to hang up my race suit!!

Excuse me while i swear!!!!!!!!
Happy new year to all (except me) - hope christmas went well and you got the presents that you asked santa for!!

pistol pete
2nd January 2013, 04:20 PM
Shame I don't have the money to buy the car and this full kit would love to take it up

Really sorry to hear about this as said in imoc

What's happening with the car ??

Ow much formthE roll age?

What size is the race suit? And shoes?

Cheers

cabbydave
2nd January 2013, 09:17 PM
Thats really bad news as I know you were really looking forward to doing this this year even if it meant eatingbread and cheese all year. Good luck with the sale of all your bits I know it will break your heart selling them all, But on the bright side it means you dont have to sell the Yam so one good thing every clould etc. cue Monty Python

muckyman
3rd January 2013, 09:38 AM
can you give more details of the wheels and tyres? Pics would be good also.
Difficult to PM an offer without knowing what they are :-)
ta
Michael

gonae86
3rd January 2013, 08:18 PM
what about the cage ? can you put more details and price please ?

Mavros
5th January 2013, 04:25 PM
I have just had my new year blown apart!!! Having visited my doctor for my new racing licence medical, it appears i have a problem with my ticker, which is only beating at 40bpm (i thought the slower it went the better it was!!!!!).

My wife has told me for many years that i am too old to race, (even though i was still making front or second row on the grid) and couldn't afford it anyway (she was quite right there though!).

Anyway, this now leaves me with all the racing parts i have for my new project. I will list them, but if someone is contemplating building a racer or track car, then these will be just about all you need to complete it:

1. Safety devices roll cage (out of a 348gtb, but fits the mk1 (just needs a small adjustment on the main hoop footplates - 5 minute job).
2. Prothane bush kit 18-2008 which is one of the best available. Cost me over £160 and still boxed.
3. Sparco bonnet pins - new and still packaged.
4. 3" fia approved to 2015 harness - new and still packaged.
5. Full safety decal kit for tow hook, electrics, extinguisher etc. On full sheet and ready to fit.
6. Amb transponder - used but in perfect working order and ready to fit - not battery so doesn't need charging every outing. These are very hard to find and are very expensive.
7. New 2.225 plumbed in extinguisher kit - in box and never used - box unopened. Msa approved.
8. Master switch/cutoff with immobiliser/egnition cutoff - fia approved.
9. Led rain light to full msa specifications.

If you can think of anything else you need, i probably have it, including race numbers and backgrounds (rectangles) - have numbers 1,4 and 5 (3 or 4 of each) plus potentially others.

I also have a full set of red bull race car decals for my mica blue mk1, so you can even look like you are sponsored by the biggest!!!

I will probably have a good set of alloys (15") with good track tyres on (you will have to get new ones subject to whatever race series you enter).

I have a couple of timing watches, an out of date racing suit and whatever i find in my garage and/or wardrobe.

Offers by pm please and as i live in france, i can only bring the bits over to folkestone/ashford, kent area, as my grandkids are there and i come over every month (you can always come over and collect - wine and food thrown in free!!!!)

i am not a happy bunny and it doesn't help much more by being able to say that i'm 70 next year!!!! Again, my wife reminding me that perhaps it really is time to hang up my race suit!!

Excuse me while i swear!!!!!!!!
Happy new year to all (except me) - hope christmas went well and you got the presents that you asked santa for!!

Hi Lee,

Can you pm me please as I'm interested in joining the racing this year.

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 05:23 PM
Send me a PM with your email address and I can send photo's of everything you are interested in.

Kind regards

Lee

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 05:24 PM
I also have a nearly new Cobra racing seat. It is the metal framed, not grp or lightweight.

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 05:26 PM
Hi Michael

Send me a pM and I can send photo's.

Regards

Lee

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 07:52 PM
Race suit is blue and is for a 5'9" person with a 40-42" chest and 32-35" waist (average size). It is european size 54.

Roll cage is £250

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 08:00 PM
I have two sets of wheels and tyres One set is Woolfrace, but I don't yet know the full details, as the car is still being strengthened and MOT'd.

The other set is a good set of 4 alloys, multi spoke with very good yokohama Parada Spec 2's, which are an excellent tyre for good dry grip (but not as good as r888's) but very good in the wet on the MK1 (which the r888's aren't).

I will let you know the state and sizes of the other set when I get the car back next week (hopefully). Both sets are 16" with 195's fitted.

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 08:01 PM
I think the cage is sold. Am waiting on deposit for that and other bits (harness, extinguisher, bush kit, transponder, rain light and cut-off switch.)

LeeBarton
5th January 2013, 08:03 PM
The only compensation is that I will have a good road car and also be able to afford the auto!

Happy new year Dave