PDA

View Full Version : mk1a front bumper skin & bar

neiljones308
30th November 2012, 11:24 PM
I'm looking for a Mk1a flat fronted bumper and bumper bar. Needs to be unpainted bottom half preferably with the top in red. Also black rear mud flaps and the rubber bits in front of the rear wheels on the Mk1a. These are for a restoration of a MR2 i am trying to get back on the road.

cabbydave
30th November 2012, 11:44 PM
The rubber bits are like hens teeth I was thinking of getting some made in fibre glass but havent got the time at the moment to get mine moulded

neiljones308
1st December 2012, 11:18 AM
Hi Bought my first Mk1 MR2 in 1993, and it was a white Mk1a, and it was missing it's rubber bits back then! My 2nd MR2 i bought in 1995, and it was another Mk1a in white, and it was the best i could find, with 72,000miles with FSH, every MOT, unused spare, unused tool kit, and it did have the rubber bits. But i don't have them any more.

Master-B
1st December 2012, 01:06 PM
Neil I have a pair of 1a spats that I have not got round to fitting. I could be tempted into making a deal, pm me your offer.

cabbydave
1st December 2012, 09:43 PM
Have a chat with Paul I think hes got a pair of red and black bumpers but dont know the price as once again folk tend to colour code them

cabbydave
7th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Neil if your still after the bumper someone has txted me saying hes got a good one if you pm me I will forward his number to you

paulsims2001
8th December 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi Neil
which mr2 are you doing up was this the one you wanted the metal valances for ? did you get sorted out ,as I have three 1a mr2s
, but will most likely be putting them back on the road but one I am not too sure about it as it depends on the rot on the chassis
Regards

neiljones308
9th December 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Paul,
I've got a superb totally standard, unmolested low mileage Mk1a that i'm restoring. I am fine for Mk1a front panels, but i could do with a Mk1a front bumper bar.
Cheers, Neil

cchrysos
9th December 2012, 09:37 PM
What colour is it Neil? Is it to sell when complete?

Chrys

neiljones308
9th December 2012, 10:54 PM
Hi Chrys,
It is red, with original 1/2 black bumper, black eyebrows, black mud flaps, and black side mouldings, original TOYOTA radio cassette, all 4 wheel arches are perfect, front wings have no rust. I would love tokeep it, but i already have a 2 seater that i never use, (2 kids under 6 years old makes it tricky!!) so i guess it will either sit in the garage, or i will have to sell it.
Cheers, Neil

cchrysos
10th December 2012, 04:14 PM
well keep me informed please if you decide it has to go Neil.

Cheers

Chrys

Station
10th January 2013, 01:09 PM
Are bumper bars rare? I sold a complete car a couple of years ago with a brand new one.