PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sub Box, 10" JL Audio W3V2 + Phoenix Gold XS2500 - thinking of selling

superwhite90
29th November 2012, 01:55 PM
I am thinking the time has come to sell my beloved amp, sub and box.

These have been very, very loyal components for the last three years.

The box is made from 3/4" and 1/2" thick MDF sheet, fibreglassed/nailed and screwed together. It is cut at the back to suit the shape of the rear bulkhead. The bulkhead carpet requires cutting in order to put this behind the passenger seat. It becomes a shelf at the same time!

The sub itself is a 10" JL Audio W3V2 - 300 RMS - purchased second hand from eBay around 3 years ago for a pricey some of £350 - this is not a cheap fusion or JBL knockoff sub.

The amplifier is the Phoenix Gold XS2500 and is the cherry on top of the cake. 7 years ago this amplifier cost around £900 - now you can pick them up easily for £125!

Amp Specs
2 X 125 watt @ 4 ohms 14.4v

2 X 250 watt @ 2 ohms 14.4v

1 X 500 watt @ 4 ohms 14.4v

There is no terminal box on the sub box and the wiring is fibreglassed through the back - I will get pictures of it later.

The only problem with the box itself is the sound deadening crap I put on it ages ago. It needs to come off really, but if it's hidden under the bulkhead carpet there is no need to remove it or re-carpet it as its invisible.

The quality of the amp is second to none. It was stationed underneath my passenger seat all year round and never once suffered from any overheating or performance issues. I will supply power and earth cables that I had with my install. The sub is currently all wired up and just needs to be clipped on and screwed back into the box.

The box complete with sub weighs around 20-25 kgs so pick up would be preferred along with the amp.

Pictures will be posted later on if anyone is interested.

I might sell the sub complete with box and amplifier separately if somebody would like to do that.

Make me a sensible offer that'll push me into letting these go! :( (they will be funding my engine rebuild, so not all bad :))

Alex

kingludba
3rd December 2012, 01:04 PM
Any pics chap?

superwhite90
4th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry keep forgetting! Will do tomorrow night (pissed atm)