PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - 30k Mile immaculate Mk1 Supercharger Tin-top

EppingMk1SC
26th November 2012, 06:25 PM
UPDATED - I would be willing to consider offers for the car, it will also be offered for sale elsewhere. It will be sold with 12 months MOT and two full sets of wheels and tyres, one set with new tyres.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/widnes_road/7473048670/

Don't hate me, but the imminent arrival of a company car, and my other-half not wanting to either sell her MX5 or drive my MR2 means there is no room in my life for my '2; so before she (the car not the wife) goes off to the rarefied world of 4-star classics who have offered to sell her for me, I thought I ought to offer my Mk1 on here first.

There are countless photos over on my Flickr page; http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwd7Y6u

In short: 1988 Mk1 MR2 Supercharger. Manual, Tin-top, no sunroof, wind up windows, A/C (freshly charged). Full set (5x) original polished teardrops with no kerb marks, with brand new (less than 100 miles) good (not budget) tyres. Full set of very good condition OZ Superleggera alloys (2 with new tyres) with brand new centre caps.

Massive pile of history, including trophies for best in class wins, best stock Mk1 etc. Recently had a full suspension rebuild with new OEM toyota shocks and springs (apparently the last new Toyota mk1 shocks in the UK), also brand new AC Delco Alternator (sourced from US) and new Toyota Voltage Regulator.

No daft offers please, I'm in no huge rush to sell, and 4-star have offered to sell for a commission and have quoted a pretty decent value.

This really is an immaculate car, the interior shows little to no signs of any use, original steering wheel etc, no bolster wear on the seats; and there is no rust. Really.

OIRO £7,000

Which as Andy says is not far off what it would cost to restore an SC to something approaching this condition, but you would still have to buy the car to restore in the first place.

cabbydave
26th November 2012, 09:03 PM
Nice looking car why not put a price up. Where did you get your car gassed and what gas did they use?

EppingMk1SC
26th November 2012, 09:26 PM
They had some old stock Toyota AC gas at Westfield motors.

Didn't necessarily put a price as I was hoping to avoid the possible trolling of the 'it's not worth that brigade'. Looking for £8k, and anyone who has seen it will hopefully realise that this is a realistic price.

4-star classics have already said they would most likely sell it for me, and hoped to make £10,000, but then there is the not inconsiderable matter of the commission to pay for.

pistol pete
26th November 2012, 09:45 PM
you also have a HKS exhaust just so you know :)

good luck with the sale

andyj
26th November 2012, 11:36 PM
They had some old stock Toyota AC gas at Westfield motors.

Didn't necessarily put a price as I was hoping to avoid the possible trolling of the 'it's not worth that brigade'. Looking for £8k, and anyone who has seen it will hopefully realise that this is a realistic price.

4-star classics have already said they would most likely sell it for me, and hoped to make £10,000, but then there is the not inconsiderable matter of the commission to pay for.

Yes, I've studied Paul's car in the flesh in some detail and in my opinion it's probably the best SC in the UK. It's like new in almost every respect. I restored a similar manual tin top SC last year and it cost me £6K. However. it's nothing compared to this car, which is simply "showroom" everywhere you look. It's been kept standard and with genuine low mileage, it's quite a collector's car. The manual tin top is the one sought after by enthusiasts. I reckon it will fetch £7-£8K.

If anyone buys it and doesn't want the original alloys I'd be interested in buying them!

Kateg28
27th November 2012, 10:18 AM
:(

Hope it goes to a loving home.

The second best SC in the country.

Are you up for a quick meet up before it goes?

EppingMk1SC
1st December 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Kate, probably not as the gritters are out with a vengeance around my area. If I don't get it sold, I may wait and try again in the Spring, so you never know.

EppingMk1SC
22nd May 2013, 08:40 AM
*BUMP* This car is back for sale, hopefully someone in the club will offer it a good home. With work and other hobby pressures I just don't have the time to use it.

Please contact me with offers, but nothing daft. Sold last time for £7,250, and had a lot spent on it.

cchrysos
22nd May 2013, 08:48 AM
Shame to see it go...and by someone so local so i may not get to actually see it at a meet! I pass through your town several times a week and always look out for it but have not seen it yet.

I would love the car myself but really should get rid of one of my cars first ;-)

Good luck with the sale

If you want, i can put you in touch with a great classic car company that can represent it for you at a more realistic price and commission level than 4 star seem too. They have a fantastic database of collectors and have a great sales success rate on genuine cars like this.

EppingMk1SC
22nd May 2013, 09:53 AM
That would be very helpful, can you PM me the details?

cchrysos
22nd May 2013, 10:22 AM
will do when i get back to the office Paul.

Cheers

EppingMk1SC
8th June 2013, 10:37 AM
This car is now sold, the buyer wishes to remain anonymous.

coverco
8th June 2013, 11:49 AM
This car is now sold, the buyer wishes to remain anonymous.

I would as well if I had bought a car with a blue interior :-)

Just kidding, glad you sold the car.

cchrysos
8th June 2013, 12:11 PM
Excellent.

snoball
8th June 2013, 03:12 PM
what is it with you and blue interiors ????? lol :)

PeteP
8th June 2013, 03:56 PM
It's that over protesting thing, isn't it? ;)

coverco
8th June 2013, 06:13 PM
No really I hate blue interiors, my spares car had one and I binned the lot :-)

andyj
11th June 2013, 08:36 AM
Sadly it wasn't me who bought it. My wife will be pleased the temptation is removed :).

Hope it turns up in South East area again. Good news for you Paul and you can look back on it as quite a unique ownership experience.