PDA

View Full Version : 8/11 G reg Blue M25 -> M4 junction

forkmantorch
10th November 2012, 02:31 PM
Gave you a wave when I went past you just before the M4 junction going clockwise.

julianw
10th November 2012, 03:10 PM
I thought I knew all the mica blue ones that are still out there! Good to see you. I'd come from Winchfield and was on my way home to Macclesfield. As usual, it shrugged the mileage off. Yours is now the second mk1 I know with WTF in the reg!

forkmantorch
10th November 2012, 03:33 PM
Hehe the WTF plate is kind of lucky, people assume I have a personalised number plate because of the WTF part, have to explain to them that it didn't mean anything in the 80s.

Yours was the first mica blue one I've seen around and about, mostly see red and whites.

julianw
10th November 2012, 04:08 PM
My first one was a white t-bar, which I've laid up for the winter pending some restoration work. The blue one is just supposed to be a stop gap daily drive till I've fixed up the white one, but I keep finding stuff on it that needs doing, and I've not even started on the restoration yet. Mica blue's still my favourite colour for 'em though. I think if I'd got a closer look, I'd have found yours a lot tidier than mine. Mine's about four different colours!

forkmantorch
10th November 2012, 04:18 PM
4 Different shades of mica?

I need to replace both my front wings, the couple I bought it off had re-bought it from their insurance company after it was given a CAT D for 2 dented front wings. So I'm sure I'll add a few new colours.

I agree about mica being one of the best colours, that and black are my favourite colours for them, though the panda white/black two tone is also very nice.

Kateg28
10th November 2012, 05:55 PM
4 different shades? Really? I knew there were 4 different shades available but never noticed on the car and I took a lot of photos.

Typical, I owned it for 5 years and was never spotted....

julianw
10th November 2012, 08:20 PM
I'm exaggerating somewhat! I have one front wing that's noticeably paler and less glossy than the rest of the car. As for being spotted, I have been making an effort - I've done 4,000 miles in it since I bought it in August! But it's long overdue - I did 143,000 in the white one, over 7 years and wasn't spotted once.

Kateg28
10th November 2012, 11:12 PM
Just be grateful it isn't me spotting it! I would be sobbing and hugging it but tends to be awkward on a motorway.

And it has been on the m25/m4 junction lots as my dad lives in Maidenhead and tat is my route to his house.

julianw
11th November 2012, 03:22 AM
Just be grateful it's no longer your problem! I just found a nice rusty crevice in the nearside sill. On the other hand, Gary obviously did due diligence when he did the wings because the leaf litter I just cleared out of the nearside wing drain (a good 8 inch depth of leaves and two inches of compost at the bottom) has completely failed to start any rust. All shiny paintwork and underseal there once I'd done the gardening! Nice