PDA

View Full Version : Forum Member User Titles

tommundy
28th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

It was brought to my attention recently that a certain element of the forum was being misinterpreted. The thing that had been confusing people was the User Title. This is the text that appears directly under your username and dictates your 'ranking' in terms of how many posts you have made. Previously, this was set at Junior Member, Member, Senior Member. This led people to believe wrongly that either themselves or others were 'Members' of the Mk1 Club when in fact all that had happened is that they'd been a regular poster. I have therefore changed the post rankings to something less confusing and also a bit fun. The table of rankings are below:

MR2 Lurker - 0 Posts
MR2 Newbie - 1 Posts
MR2 Fan - 30 Posts
MR2 Enthusiast - 500 Posts
MR2 Obsessive - 1000 Posts
MR2 God - 5000 Posts

Any suggestions for changing boundaries or names, please speak up! :)

Futhermore, in the next week or so if you are indeed a member of the club, this will show below your username. These two changes will make it clearer for people to see who are members and who are active posters, and who are both! :)

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Tom

julianw
28th September 2012, 03:20 PM
Nice! Good work, chair.

I understand today is 'Ask a stupid question day'. (I kid you not - I heard it on the radio so it must be true).
My question: Why do the names of some members on some posts appear in a colour that is so close to the background colour, that I have to roll over the user name and copy it somewhere else to see it! To my knowledge, I have not chosen any weird colour scheme for any of my machines, nor in my profile for the club site. Is there a setting I should change to make the usernames more visible (though I note that on the page that I am posting on, tommundy appears in a very visible green).

Thanks in advance Tom.

tommundy
28th September 2012, 03:46 PM
Cheers Julian!

That other problem you mentioned should actually be resolved too as of this morning :) It was related to which usergroup people were/are in.

Deadly_smell
28th September 2012, 04:07 PM
MR2 Lurker - 0 Posts
MR2 Newbie - 1 Posts
MR2 Fan - 30 Posts
MR2 God - 5000 Posts

Great idea but.....Would the 'Lurker' title ever be seen as it would disapear on the first post ? could the newbie be extended to 10, fan to 100

tommundy
28th September 2012, 04:30 PM
Good suggestion!

I've now set them as follows:

MR2 Lurker - 0 Posts
MR2 Newbie - 10 Posts
MR2 Fan - 100 Posts
MR2 God - 5000 Posts

:)

Cheers,
Tom

AM00907
28th September 2012, 05:02 PM
*lurks*

Master-B
28th September 2012, 05:04 PM
:-D

coverco
28th September 2012, 06:28 PM
With your avatar Kris you should have a special category.....

MR2 Broccoli Head. :-)

Kateg28
28th September 2012, 06:29 PM
Not long until I am obsessive.

Officially. As opposed to being called it randomly by my friends

Master-B
28th September 2012, 06:59 PM
Oi! I wish I still had my thick locks of hair. Sadly its thinning out now :-(

coverco
28th September 2012, 07:02 PM
It sure is my friend :-)