PDA

View Full Version : In car Video Camera

cchrysos
26th September 2012, 02:40 PM
Having seen some of the videos from the recent MR2 run, I thought I would see if i could help some members out.

Due to the line of business i am in (hush hush, wink wink, say no more), i have the ability to source in car video cameras at excellent prices.
There are many models available which include forward only windscreen mount, dual camera windscreen mount (forward and cabin view), forward and secondary camera (rear, side, inside etc), dash mount, number plate mount, grill mount, with/without sound etc.

The video quality is good and they can be very useful in continuous record mode if you ever unfortunately get in an accident.

I would suggest looking to get standard forward view, inside windscreen mounted unit with sound. They record onto micro SD card, some at HD quality and require no permanent installation, but can be very discretely installer permanently

Would anyone be interested in one of these? I anticipate that pricing would be approx £40-£50 depending on how many buy.

May not be of interest but i thought i would offer just in case.

I'll be getting 2 for my cars....

Chrys

(EDIT) Just to clarify, these will be CE approved RoHS compliant product suitable for EU use unlike many cheap Chinese import products.

cchrysos
26th September 2012, 05:50 PM
Ok. I am upto 5 so far but surprisingly no one from this site. They are great for track days etc

Rick McRick
26th September 2012, 10:31 PM
Any chance of some pics/info on the camera?
Sounds good, but very vague :)

cchrysos
26th September 2012, 10:36 PM
Hi rick. Yes, will do. I'll get a picture of the one I ave selected tomorrow and should be able to download a video clip.

Cheers

cchrysos
27th September 2012, 09:39 AM
here is a link to someone selling the lower resolution version of same camera. This will show you the size etc and has a video clip but the one i get is better quality.

As you can see here, it is £100 plus VAT. I will be able to get them for about £50 INCLUDING VAT!

http://www.steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/Driving_Video_Recorder.html#a217

Chrys

Rick McRick
27th September 2012, 10:16 AM
Looks like a good little camera, but I don't think it's quite a big enough upgrade to justify parting with one I have. May well suit some of the other guys though.

Unless of course it's waterproof, in which case it would be perfect for the motor bike?
Or if it does GPS?

It says it's got a g-sensor? What's that used for? Is it for saving files in the event of an accident?

Is the play back through the car stereo shown in the advert just done via the SD card or does the camera have video out?

cchrysos
27th September 2012, 10:26 AM
Hi Rick. No worries mate. There are others available if you want i can look and tag one onto the end of the group buy if it goes ahead. There are motorcycle cams too.
Yes, the G-sensor is an option for auto save.
The playback can be immediate (through stereo etc) or by putting the sd card into a device...or both in fact.

They are predominantly useful for assistance in accident claims but by having one fitted, you get to record all those fun drives and funny moments for FREE! They are also useful for road rage incidents.

Cheers

tommundy
27th September 2012, 11:39 AM
I'd be interested in seeing some actual footage that the camera produces. It seems like a good price though!

Cheers,
Tom

cchrysos
27th September 2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Tom.
I should be fitting one in my car next week. Ill take some footage and post it on here so all can see.

Cheers

Chrys