PDA

View Full Version : strange mix......

cchrysos
26th September 2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-TOYOTA-MR2-MK1A-RED-/230856700515?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35c021b263

So this is a 1987 D plate car, which unless it sat in the showroom unregistered for a long time, should be a late cross over MK1a (colour coded and skirted) or a MK1b i believe.

However, it has the MK1a black bumpers, seats, door panels, center console, side air vent, wheels, air filter placement, roof mounted ariel BUT MK1b skirts, steering wheel and most strangely side mouldings with triple coach lines.

I wonder if this is a factory crossover or if the past owners have made update 'improvements' on a very late registered MK1a.

I thought all late 86 and 87 crossover cars had colour coded MK1a bumpers.

Anyway...just thought i would point it out an expose my unnecessary curiosity and geekyness!

charged
26th September 2012, 11:19 AM
It's just a weird cross over I'd say... the only 'true' Mk1a's I've seen are '85 models.

cchrysos
26th September 2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, 85's are the only real MK1a's. Its amazing how short a period they made them for.

Deadly_smell
26th September 2012, 02:37 PM
That looks quite tidy for £800

cchrysos
26th September 2012, 02:41 PM
yes, it doesnt look bad.
There is another nice one on gumtree but its in gloucester...too far for me at the moment. Anyone live around there?

cabbydave
26th September 2012, 03:07 PM
My mk1a that I bought a couple of months ago has the coded mouldings but with a thick silver and black stripe on it. It also has the side skirts and colour coded bumpers. As for the steering wheel it could have been replaced because the original had gone manky ? However it does look a good cheap car Shame theres no regular member over that way that could go and have a look at it for you. Hes only had it since may and bought it off Paul Simms so hes the best person to talk about this car so that could explain the steering wheel. Look at the sellers feed back ;)