PDA

View Full Version : advice for Buying a Exhaust system

Moutonnoir
25th September 2012, 07:00 AM
hello, help me please
I wonder if this exhaust is good for performance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/toyota-mr2-mk1-85-89-custom-exh-system-w-new-header-/270422737631?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ef67382df&vxp=mtr

or find a Magnex system Janspeed or futijusibo for my mk1b?
sorry for my bad english
thank you for your advice

Master-B
25th September 2012, 01:40 PM
Hi, you really shouldnt apologise for your bad English - you should hear what passes for English where I live!

The only off the shelf SS system that was proven to add power to the mk1 was the Janspeed - supposedly around 8-10bhp. Ive got one & it does make the car feel faster.

If you have any custom exhaust shops near you, it may be worth going in for a chat... Tom Mundy just had a custom made system fitted to his 1.5 & it looks & sounds fantastic!

charged
25th September 2012, 01:59 PM
hello, help me please
I wonder if this exhaust is good for performance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/toyota-mr2-mk1-85-89-custom-exh-system-w-new-header-/270422737631?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ef67382df&vxp=mtr

or find a Magnex system Janspeed or futijusibo for my mk1b?
sorry for my bad english
thank you for your advice

Personally, I'd stick with the tried and tested Magnex/Mongoose exhaust

superwhite90
25th September 2012, 07:57 PM
That looks nasty mate.

The Janspeed/Mongoose and Magnex systems do not have a silencer box, just a pipe through to back box for air flow increases and sound.

My Janspeed made it feel faster after I swapped it from my heavy and extremely loud Powerflow Hooligan exhaust.

It says the tips are stainless steel, not the rest of the body, probably why it is painted black, so it'll rust from the inside out if it's been coated properly, so $675 dollars for a mild steel exhaust?

I'd look for another one if I were you.

superwhite90
25th September 2012, 07:59 PM
The header doesn't look manufactured properly to me as I was trying to design my own and was under the impression all pipes were supposed to be the same length, that one really does not give that impression!

Moutonnoir
27th September 2012, 07:17 AM
thank you for your answers friends across the Channel
your this is a legalis r exists for mk1? is it good?