PDA

View Full Version : Is this supercharger original?

cchrysos
19th September 2012, 09:46 AM
Ok...so not ebay but Pistonheads but didnt know where best to post ;-)

Does anyone know this car? Is this an original colour?
It states its a low weight model with tin top, wind up windows and no skirts.
Tin top i have seen, wind up windows i have only seen on low end US models and never seen an SC without skirts....anyone know if this is a factory spec?
Its RHD so i assume Japanese rather than USA car.
Seems like a decent price for a reasonable spec car...had some nice improvements done.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4243847.htm

Cheers

Chrys

Master-B
19th September 2012, 09:49 AM
Ive seen on t'interweb someone in Canada with a SC that had keep fit windows from new, so its possible.

charged
19th September 2012, 10:03 AM
I do believe that is the front end crash repaired SC I have mentioned a few times.

Does it need to be original? Looks like a good buy to me.

Kateg28
19th September 2012, 10:11 AM
Nice colour...

So this is the infamous crashed one. As long as the repair is done correctly I agree it seems a good price and it must be done correctly or it would have failed the MOT's since. I would probably want a lot more than that for mine (not crashed)

Did I mention that I liked the colour.....

cchrysos
19th September 2012, 10:56 AM
Original is not massively important...i just wondered as it gives an indication of what amount of work may have been done if it is a colour change etc.

Front end is only a concern if it was declared a write off as some classic insurance companies wont insure Category listed cars.

Cheers

Oh..and yes Kate...nice colour!

superwhite90
19th September 2012, 10:58 AM
I'd snap his hand off

charged
19th September 2012, 10:58 AM
Personally, although I love the colour, if I was in the market for a SC, I'd be snapping up the bargain SE which has just been posted in the forsale section.

cchrysos
19th September 2012, 11:26 AM
Yes...the SC SE does look great. Funnily enough i stumbled across this very car when searching last night after MK1dal mentioned painting a car in SE blue. I had never seen one before and now teh very car i was looking at is up for sale!

Shame about the rust scab on the roof. I have seen a few of these before from poor windscreen fitting and some get really bad underneath the screen. Hopefully this one can be sorted easily.

charged
19th September 2012, 11:47 AM
Yes...the SC SE does look great. Funnily enough i stumbled across this very car when searching last night after MK1dal mentioned painting a car in SE blue. I had never seen one before and now teh very car i was looking at is up for sale!

Shame about the rust scab on the roof. I have seen a few of these before from poor windscreen fitting and some get really bad underneath the screen. Hopefully this one can be sorted easily.

Easy fix, I really wouldn't let that put you off.

superwhite90
20th September 2012, 05:39 PM
I've just been offered a new job - i'm severely tempted....

cchrysos
20th September 2012, 07:43 PM
Me too! Go for it fella ;-)

pistol pete
21st September 2012, 10:17 AM
i remember this car when i had mine
it was the only other one in the uk with manual windows and hard top both of which i love in my mk1
.. but i am sure it has been crashed a few times now so you may want to check on that when you look round it..

EppingMk1SC
21st September 2012, 01:26 PM
Windey windows were an option on the SC in Japan. My SC is fully documented and came with them, and I have to say are a great idea as the windows still work faultlessly. Less than I could say for my two previous Mk1's which both suffered from the infamous 'knackered teeth' and needed the window mechanisms rebuilding.

Pete, that would mean I have the 3rd one in the UK? ;) Tin top and windey is the way forward...

looks koscher to me.

Kateg28
21st September 2012, 02:17 PM
I like tin top and auto. I can look cool when I press the button and I still have a hand free to put my lipstick on....

Hello Paul !!

superwhite90
21st September 2012, 02:47 PM
It's not an auto is it...

cchrysos
21st September 2012, 02:54 PM
wind up, auto....i dont mind......I just want another bloody MR2 lol!

BTW, seems i am pretty close to both you guys, Paul & Kate. I live near stansted airport so will no doubt see you around when i get one...eventually!

Cheers

Chrys

Kateg28
21st September 2012, 02:57 PM
That sounds like a plan methinks. Paul! Lets get a meet together. Shall we sort one out? Which Saturday is good for you?

6th October is Ace Cafe. what about 29th September?

EppingMk1SC
21st September 2012, 03:37 PM
{Thread Jack} :)

I made it to the last Ace Cafe meet, but the evening puts me off a bit. 29th is free at the moment, so why not ping a message up, and see if anyone else can be bothered to show up ;-)

Kateg28
21st September 2012, 05:28 PM
Okay. Will do it now! And Chrys - come along anyway. You do not need to own a mk1 MR2 to attend one of my meets, you just need to appreciate them.

You can then crawl over the ones that do turn up.

EppingMk1SC
21st September 2012, 07:23 PM
Yes, I second Kate's offer, please come and prod, crawl or oggle our Mk1 SC's. Windey window or not...

cchrysos
21st September 2012, 07:36 PM
I may well do that. Thank you both. I always wanted a supercharged one......I'd love to have a ride in one and see what they are like. May see you then.
Cheers

pistol pete
21st September 2012, 09:57 PM
Windey windows were an option on the SC in Japan. My SC is fully documented and came with them, and I have to say are a great idea as the windows still work faultlessly. Less than I could say for my two previous Mk1's which both suffered from the infamous 'knackered teeth' and needed the window mechanisms rebuilding.

Pete, that would mean I have the 3rd one in the UK? ;) Tin top and windey is the way forward...

looks koscher to me.

It'll be 2nd.. mine is over in germany somewhere now

cchrysos
10th October 2012, 02:07 PM
I was the highest bidder

On what Dave?
Did the car sell on ebay? Did you get it?