PDA

View Full Version : Breaking my mk1b tin top

cabbydave
26th August 2012, 09:10 PM
Im breaking whats left of my mk1b that had the rotten chassis leg lots of parts left even the air con. If anyone wants the complete roof and headlining I can give them a hand unspot welding it. Ive also got a load of mk1a parts as ive changed the brakes and suspension on my mk1a now. Anything you want post and i'll photo the part and put a price up.

pistol pete
27th August 2012, 08:22 AM
have you got the lower part of the front bumper? (the bit that normally rots?)

cabbydave
27th August 2012, 08:26 AM
I've only got the one off a mk1a as I gave the mk1b ones to Station (yes gave them away I will never make any money will I?)

pistol pete
27th August 2012, 10:40 AM
not to worry, my b has a ones on hence looking

cabbydave
27th August 2012, 10:42 AM
I am now very wet as its raining and the throttle cable is a bugger of a job but it's off pm your details and I will post it

pistol pete
27th August 2012, 11:41 AM
pm sent.. you're a superstar

petemc
28th August 2012, 10:19 AM
Hi, joined the forum after seeing your post as I'm a looking a few bits for my MK1a project. Would you have:

Full set of exhaust hangers, an o2 sensor for the exhaust, the door switches for the courtesy lights and side skirt clips if they were intact?

I would need the items posted to Northern Ireland (should be same as mainland UK postage) and I would pay you by paypal. Assuming that would be ok, let me know what price you would need for the lot including postage. If you don't want hassle of paypal / posting etc I understand!

Cheers for your help.

neiljones308
29th August 2012, 11:27 PM
Someone asked me for a tin top roof about 6 months ago. I will try to search through m emails to find whoit was. From memory i think it was someone in Norway or Finland!!

petemc
8th September 2012, 09:27 PM
Hi, just joined the forum and im looking a few bits for my mk1a project. I'm in northern ireland, so would pay by paypal and would need items posted if you were happy with that? I'm after an o2 sensor for the manifold, a pair of door/courtesy light switches, a set of exhaust hangers, and possibly the mouldings off the quarter panels if you have them!

Let me know id you can help,

Cheers, Pete

cabbydave
10th September 2012, 06:58 PM
I could only help you with the 1/4 mouldings im afraid what colour is your car ?

Dudley Dell
10th September 2012, 07:38 PM
I'm after a clutch pipe and radiator, if you have 'em.

cabbydave
10th September 2012, 08:40 PM
Metal clutch pipe or flexi? I'm sure i've got a radiator spare. I definately will have at weekend when my other mr2 arrives as i've got a new one for that one

petemc
10th September 2012, 08:41 PM
Cheers for the reply - My cars white, going for graphite mouldings but will need to paint the rest of them anyway so not to worried about the colour! PM me a price for the 1/4 mouldings + P&P.

Thanks

cabbydave
10th September 2012, 08:44 PM
Ive got a pair of white ones already retaped with 3m tape (only use the best) if they are any good to you

Dudley Dell
10th September 2012, 09:01 PM
Metal clutch pipe, please.

cabbydave
10th September 2012, 09:11 PM
I will take it off tomorrow good job the tank is out it will be a nice easy job

bill hulme
10th September 2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Dave, Have you the radiator (condenser) for the aircon, in good condition as the one on my import is dropping to pieces.
Bill Hulme.

cabbydave
10th September 2012, 09:16 PM
Bill i've promised it to Mik down south along with the rest of the a/c parts so he can put a/c into his car

Dudley Dell
10th September 2012, 09:25 PM
Is it a pig to change with the tank in?

petemc
10th September 2012, 09:38 PM
Ive got a pair of white ones already retaped with 3m tape (only use the best) if they are any good to you

Absolutely, sounds good to me! Let me know a price.

cabbydave
10th September 2012, 10:07 PM
Where are you petemc I will have a look tomorrow how easy the clutch pipe is to do its raining at the moment

mk1 dal
11th September 2012, 03:37 AM
Is it a pig to change with the tank in?

you won't change the pipes with the tank left in , no way in hell they will come out , you will have to remove the main water pipes as well , these stop the clutch pipes coming out . its a major job changing this pipe , why your at it check the pipes for the heaters for corrosion .

petemc
11th September 2012, 07:55 PM
Where are you petemc

I'm in Northern Ireland so would need them posted, but postage should be the same as mainland (only usually an issue for big or heavy items). Thanks.