PDA

View Full Version : My 1989 Supercharger Limited for sale for the right price

andrewaw11
26th August 2012, 05:09 PM
I want to build another kit car and the mrs says I can't have both!!
Car has had a full engine and supercharger rebuild this year,
all new calipers and brakes,
new wheels,
I have new poly bushes,
New cat 1 alarm
Ideally I'd pinch the engine for th kit car but I don't think that would be fair for the car!!
Loads of pics in my garage
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=29

I have used this car almost every day and took it to le mans last year, never missed a beat

I'd be looking to as close to £3995 as possible!
Car has 125 on the clock, some of that if kilometres so it's probably about 90k
Will advertise elsewhere soon when I get round to it.

Kateg28
26th August 2012, 08:14 PM
:(

pistol pete
26th August 2012, 08:54 PM
thats a really nice car.

good luck with sale

mk1 dal
26th August 2012, 09:33 PM
hi , this was my old car and what a car it was , the only reason i sold it was the shity buxton winters ( you wouldn't dare drive this car in winter and risk salt getting on it ) and couldn't bare it stuck in the garage for 5 months off the year . this car is a true gem and you wont find better . its a rare tin top and lighter in weight and its 100% rust free , all the arches are original and mint , the floor pan you could eat your dinner off . the car was owned before me by a elderly businessman who had the car 7 years and did no more than 3000 miles in is ownership ,it was kept in a heated garage in his owner ship . andy as taken a excellent mk1 to perfection and have been following his progress on the site and very pleased with his work and the way he as cared for the car :clap: . i do this its worth the money all day long and it a very well cared example ,it would cost over 10000 pounds to import this model now . i think you are going to make the same mistake i made mate and sell it ,you wont get another like it .

gary

andrewaw11
26th August 2012, 10:30 PM
I'll only sell for the right price, so it's probably going nowhere!! :)

pistol pete
27th August 2012, 08:21 AM
good .. i personally wouldn't sell.. i sold my old sc (although a bit nuts) and i really regret it.. awesome cars :)

good to hear its such a well cared for example
maybe a better writ up on how clean the car is to help sale?

cabbydave
27th August 2012, 08:30 AM
If its Gary's old car its the cleanest car i've seen Gary in and it went well I remember him taking me out in it

andrewaw11
27th August 2012, 03:02 PM
I got everything for the engine direct from Toyota you will not find a better running sc

andyj
27th August 2012, 10:01 PM
I got everything for the engine direct from Toyota you will not find a better running sc

Selling? How can you even think of it. So any people regret selling their SC's!

This is one of the best. Just so rare to see one in such good condition and unspoilt.

One question Andrew..."rebuilding the supercharger". I thought no parts available. Can you enlighten on what's possible and maybe what symptoms led you to want to rebuild it? I thought this was main area of future concern for SC owners. Thought that's why secondhand in perfect condition they go for hundreds of pounds?

andrewaw11
28th August 2012, 10:27 AM
You can get everything except the bearings, so I changed the main gasket and the super gather oil, also cleaned the main unit an re greased the bearings! Some silly price oil and grease was used! 80quid for 5 grams of grease , I have a load of pictures I can share

andyj
28th August 2012, 09:45 PM
You can get everything except the bearings, so I changed the main gasket and the super gather oil, also cleaned the main unit an re greased the bearings! Some silly price oil and grease was used! 80quid for 5 grams of grease , I have a load of pictures I can share

Thanks for update. So was it becoming noisy? I've not heard much about super charger wear or failure. Quite interested in why you did the rebuild - maybe you just wanted to keep everything woking well.

andrewaw11
29th August 2012, 09:39 PM
It was just sitting on the table as the head was off so I figured why not burn some more money!