PDA

View Full Version : white over gunmetal ( one off ) might be for sale soon

mk1 dal
23rd August 2012, 12:44 PM
hi , having just brought another project ( black 1A , pick up next weekend + already have 4 mk1's ) its time to let this one go for someone else to enjoy . i will post more info this weekend when i get more time .

pics of car

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/09/wales490-1.jpg.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/07/Picture1263-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/07/Picture1274-1.jpg

gary

muckyman
23rd August 2012, 02:11 PM
Looks lovely!

pistol pete
23rd August 2012, 03:43 PM
price?

mk1 dal
23rd August 2012, 04:11 PM
hi pete , not decided on a price yet . its a very nice sorted mk1 ,its got over 20000 pounds worth of service history and all Toyota history up to mid 2010 , it roughly been serviced every 3500 miles going off the paper work .it won a prize at last tatton show for best coupe . i am welcome to sensible offers .

gary

pistol pete
23rd August 2012, 05:38 PM
sorry , not for me just to help people with an idea..
good luck with the sale

mrtootall
23rd August 2012, 10:13 PM
Sweet looking car Gary, if only I didnt have one (almost) on the road haha... I'm sure yuo wont have much bother finding a happy new owner for it

Jimbo_Jet
24th August 2012, 08:34 AM
I can vouch for the quality of the paintwork on this one, it's as smooth as glass! :)

Oi Gary, I thought I was the only black MK1a in the NW village! :lol: Where did you get this one from?

neiljones308
24th August 2012, 10:00 AM
There was one on ebay the other day, and the auction ended early. Was that the one?

mk1 dal
24th August 2012, 09:56 PM
hi, its was Neil , iv been after a black 1 A for ages to restore ,they are like rocking horse sh*t to get hold off and i didn't what it falling in the wrong hands and to be broken up ( not aimed at you mate ) i will be in touch with you as i need some 1a electrical parts for it and might need a few bits of inertia trim , pm me your number so i can ring you .

gary

mk1 dal
24th August 2012, 10:14 PM
I can vouch for the quality of the paintwork on this one, it's as smooth as glass! :)

Oi Gary, I thought I was the only black MK1a in the NW village! :lol: Where did you get this one from?

hi you were mate :lol: . i told the wife today im getting another mk1 ( she been on holiday in wales all week ) and all i got is where is that going , reply front room :lol:. i told her i was thinking of selling the white gray mk1 reply no your not , cant win . got some new wheels for the new project

this one

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/08/Picture3831-1.jpg

will post up picks on the site when i get new pics of wheels fitted

mk1 dal
27th August 2012, 07:46 PM
hi, after driving the car Sunday ( not driven it for 2 weeks ) i have realized how good the car is and quick with pin sharp handling and she still brought a smile to my face when driving . after spending 18 months getting the car to near perfection ( its as clean as the charger i sold ) i would be stupid to sell it for the money the present market dictates . sorry now not for sale , i have found a nice warm barn to put her in through winter , ready for the shows next year .

gary

mrtootall
27th August 2012, 09:19 PM
I always wonder how guys find the ability to sell such cars after putting so much time and effort in to them. You will probably look after it better than anyone else anyway.

mk1 dal
27th August 2012, 11:08 PM
thanks mate , its a drug mate ,pushing your skill and achieving perfection on every car you build and proving these cars can be saved and driven to enjoy what ever the condition you buy them in . the pic of this car shown was scrap it was full of corrosion but was saved why because these are the most fun drivers jap sports car built .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/08/Picture1359-1.jpg

the build thread can be seen here and would cost over 5000 pound to have the work done by a body shop as there is so much work but you could do it your self if your competent .

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=163966

gary

mk1 dal
17th September 2012, 11:53 PM
hi ,update . i have changed my mind on the sale on the white car and its now provisionally sold awaiting collection , the silver black car will be for sale after the peaks run , i am open to offers around 2000 pounds for it and well worth the money and low millage . the only reason i am selling is I'm going to treat my self to my dream car for my 40 th and i need the room + i cant drive them all and they need to be used and enjoyed .

gary

tommundy
18th September 2012, 06:40 AM
Looking forward to seeing it Sunday mate! It'll make someone a great car!

Well done on going for your dream car. Esprit? :)

mk1 dal
18th September 2012, 07:30 AM
hi tom , no not the Espirt , i wanted something a bit more modern but very special with 2 seats and quick , these cars were over 80000 new and have now reached a price i will pay for one .
. this is the model of car im going for . sl 500 . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-SL500-AMG-Sl55-Body-Conversion-/261097673806?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ccaa2544e

gary

muckyman
18th September 2012, 08:51 AM
PM sent....

jumpman33
18th September 2012, 08:54 AM
hi tom , no not the Espirt , i wanted something a bit more modern but very special with 2 seats and quick , these cars were over 80000 new and have now reached a price i will pay for one .
. this is the model of car im going for . sl 500 . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-SL500-AMG-Sl55-Body-Conversion-/261097673806?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ccaa2544e

gary

Had a go in one of these before and they certainly are special! Good choice!

charged
18th September 2012, 08:58 AM
Very nice Gary!

muckyman
18th September 2012, 06:32 PM
Mine!
:-)

mk1 dal
18th September 2012, 10:07 PM
hi , both cars now provisionally sold :cry: i am now mk1 less, but not for long . i will build 2 more for next year one with a wicked paint job and stupid power and one for the purest mk1 lovers for the shows and the brilliant north west group runs , wouldn't miss them for anything ,priceless fun and a joy socializing with great people who attend them .

gary

jumpman33
18th September 2012, 10:19 PM
one with a wicked paint job and stupid power

What kind of paint job are you thinking? and how much power?

mk1 dal
18th September 2012, 10:54 PM
What kind of paint job are you thinking? and how much power?

the super edition blue will be part of the colour and 300 bhp max for the power , anymore i think is to much for normal road use in a mk1 . i have been in a 450 bhp mk1 and far to much for the road , you would have to drive it like you ride a sports bike , pull out and then floor it unless you want to run in to the back of the car in front . scary fast and will kill you if you not on the ball .

gary

cchrysos
18th September 2012, 11:25 PM
For the (almost) purest....I fancy building a mk1 tbar but with black bumpers, side mouldings and no side skirts (just spats) in the metallic sky blue from the mk1a like the one in my 'garage' gallery. A nice set of deeper dish wheels too.

I think that would look really smart if done nicely but unfortunately I just don't have the time or space :-(

mk1 dal
19th September 2012, 12:12 AM
hi , i have only seen one car in sky blue and it was truly stunning but sadly is now wrote off , live your dream mate find the time and somewhere to do the project it will look stunning , i have had mates and my dad die to young dreaming about things they wanted to do and never doing them . my advice do it we are to long dead and enjoy it while you can , find the car you want to do strip it and paint it ( 300 pounds in paint ) and your time and enjoyment costs nothing . if you need advice on how to paint the car i will gladly help .stop thinking about it and do it ftw

gary

muckyman
19th September 2012, 08:35 AM
Wise words....

cchrysos
19th September 2012, 09:10 AM
Wise words indeed Gary. Having lost my brother-in-law a few days ago (the man who first got me into MR2s when he bought a brand new F reg MK1), I know exactly what you mean!
I have an old triumph spitfire i have owned for 19 years...i restored that some years ago but it rarely gets used. Cant part with it now though. I'll put a couple of pics up (assuming its not outside the rules as its not an MR2). When i built that one, i changed it to the colour and spec I wanted rather than original. It looks great. I didnt do teh final paint myself though. I have all teh gear and have done a little in the past when i was younger but i was afraid of mucking it up. Its a lovely 2 pack metallic blue.

BTW...my brother in laws MR2 is still in the family. His brother now owns it so one family owned since new. Amazing condition still too!

Cheers

Chrys

hi , i have only seen one car in sky blue and it was truly stunning but sadly is now wrote off , live your dream mate find the time and somewhere to do the project it will look stunning , i have had mates and my dad die to young dreaming about things they wanted to do and never doing them . my advice do it we are to long dead and enjoy it while you can , find the car you want to do strip it and paint it ( 300 pounds in paint ) and your time and enjoyment costs nothing . if you need advice on how to paint the car i will gladly help .stop thinking about it and do it ftw

gary

cchrysos
19th September 2012, 09:13 AM
You know what...i should also say...i follow many of the threads on here and it is so good to see how many genuinely helpful people there are out there - you included Gary!
I am looking forward to finally finding the right MR2 and becoming part of the community.

Keep it up everyone!

Cheers

Master-B
19th September 2012, 09:46 AM
I have an old triumph spitfire i have owned for 19 years...i restored that some years ago but it rarely gets used. Cant part with it now though. I'll put a couple of pics up (assuming its not outside the rules as its not an MR2).

Yes please! Drop it into the off topic section :-)

mk1 dal
26th September 2012, 05:16 AM
hi ,the white over gray is still for sale , the lad interested cant pick up this weekend and i need it gone due to another car i want , the price is 2000 pounds and no offers on this price i wont be budge . for more info you can pm me or ring 0744661076 .

thanks gary

muckyman
26th September 2012, 07:51 AM
saw this at the weekend and its very very nice.
Love the wheels on it, although they would look soooo much better on mine ;-)

mk1 dal
5th October 2012, 11:33 PM
hi , both cars now sold .

cabbydave
6th October 2012, 12:29 AM
Nice one Gary. I've just bought another one from Lincon minter just needs a bumper backing rail and a sill repair arches have been done and its got new wings. The headgasket went so the guy went out and bought another engine for it. It will keep me busy for a bit.

jumpman33
6th October 2012, 08:14 AM
White over Gun metal is now mine :) and it's lovely!
Nice and quick and sounds so good!

mk1 dal
6th October 2012, 11:07 PM
hi , make sure you get that car to the shows and look after it and she will look after you . i have some pics off your old car now cleaned up ,its been fully moped and the paint is now mint and as bright as my old car , it now goes like hell and the tvis comes in a treat now i have found and fixed a leaking pipe to the valve what runs it . it will make a top car when its finished .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/10/Picture1403-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/10/Picture1404-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/10/Picture1405-1.jpg

gary

jumpman33
8th October 2012, 03:07 PM
Looks good mate, always thought i had got a good deal when i bought it for 575 :)
Yeah been washing and polishing the new one this weekend, save a bit of money nthen wanna get it alarmed and remote central locking, Got a Momo steering wheel for it too but got to get a momo hub boss now because the one i got wasn't great.

cabbydave
8th October 2012, 07:32 PM
Hey Gary ive got a car with a simular reg 655pko and its white

mk1 dal
9th October 2012, 03:59 AM
Looks good mate, always thought i had got a good deal when i bought it for 575 :)
Yeah been washing and polishing the new one this weekend, save a bit of money nthen wanna get it alarmed and remote central locking, Got a Momo steering wheel for it too but got to get a momo hub boss now because the one i got wasn't great.

for that price it was given away mate , i have check it all over and its solid with just a few little jobs to do . the engine is superb and i have done 400 miles in it already bmw hunting which i have now brought and picked up Monday night , this car is so quick I'm thinking off taking the darling wife off the insurance so she doesn't kill her self .

gary

jumpman33
9th October 2012, 12:50 PM
I'm glad you're happy with it :) I'm certainly happy with mine.
Did you grab an M3?
That's funny about your wife, i'm the same with not putting my missus on the insurance, it's a bit different to a 206 :P