View Full Version : Haynes manual

paulmannion
20th August 2012, 09:06 AM
Wanted, a Haynes Manual for a Mk1b.

Cheers,

Kateg28
20th August 2012, 09:45 AM
I don't think they exist.

If you do find one, please let me know as I want one and have been looking, half heartedly, for 6 years.

cchrysos
20th August 2012, 10:10 AM
They do exist.
I have one from a long time ago and an american repair manual (cant remember what its called) in the loft somewhere.

Chrys

cchrysos
20th August 2012, 10:20 AM
Quick check and there are plenty on ebay at present

Deadly_smell
20th August 2012, 10:22 AM
The Haynes manual for the MK1 is here: http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/311. A specific mk1b uk haynes manual has never been published, this one is for the US mk1a but is still very useful for most problems/work.
and the Toyota workshop manual can be down loaded from here: http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-knowledge-base/mr2-mk1.html?kbartid=23. and various other places, just goggle mr2 mk1 work shop manual.

Kateg28
20th August 2012, 10:40 AM
They do exist.
I have one from a long time ago and an american repair manual (cant remember what its called) in the loft somewhere.

Chrys

Quick check and there are plenty on ebay at present

For a UK Mk1b? I just checked eBay and they are all 1985 to 1987. Not a mk1b.

Deadly_smell
20th August 2012, 12:13 PM
If they did exist they would be available from the Haynes web site as a reprint, as all of their manuals ever produced are there. I believe that there was a Chilton manual for the corrolla that included the MR2, but I've never seen it.

cchrysos
20th August 2012, 07:58 PM
The Haynes manual is a USA manual. It covers the 1.6 injection and the (1.5?) carb model. It also covers the mk1b for most things as there is not a huge amount if difference for most repairs. I doubt there is very much it can't help you with. I used it for my two mk1as and both my mk1bs. Small differences like interior, air filter, brace bars, t bars etc generally don't need a manual.
Chiltern is the other manual I have. It is also USA and as deadly smell mentioned, it covers the corolla and mr2.
The workshop manual deadly smell pointed you to looks fantastic. With this and the USA Haynes I'm sure you will have all you need.