PDA

View Full Version : FOC to 1987-1988 Mk1 Owner

jt_3k
16th August 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi

I've got some promotional material & documents from 1987 Toyota that would be the perfect addition to any show car. They are "first hand" as I know someone who went to both events.

4x (Global, not UK) range brochures
1x Bodyshop brochure
Set of photos from 1987 Tokyo Motorshow
Detailed itinerary on headed Toyota GB paper, passenger list & group list for the 1987 Toyota GB tour of Canada (29th May - 8th June)

I've sold my Mk3 Supra long since and this doesn't seem to get noticed anywhere if on sale so here's the crack. I feel this is 'historically important' (as far as old Toyotas go) and I want to know it's gone to the right person, so I can sleep at night. If you can show me you own an '87 or '88 MR2 that you'd like to throw some of these across the dash at a show, you can have these for postage costs (about £.150). I'll even throw in the envelope and petrol to the post office. I will only send them as one, and only to one person who owns an '87/'88.

Get in quick.

jt_3k
24th August 2012, 09:57 AM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/08/IMG_4056-1.jpg

Thanks to the mods for registering my account. Pic above of all the stuff! Again, it's not some sort of weird scam, I just can't bear to throw this away, especially as the global range brochures are quite rare (much rarer than the UK ones) and really want to see it on some show car. You prove you've an 87-88 MR2 and cover postage via PayPal and I'll send these anywhere.

tommundy
24th August 2012, 10:26 AM
Hi there,

This is a lovely offer and will make a great addition to someone's collection. I own a 1988 Mk1 but I think this set would be nice to go to someone with a more standard car. :)

Can all interested parties please post on this thread so that we know who the lucky recipient will be.

Thank you again for offering these items to the club.

Cheers,
Tom

jt_3k
24th August 2012, 10:34 AM
It's no prob, I'm still a Toyota guy at heart! Let's get them used!

cchrysos
24th August 2012, 11:01 AM
What a great (and very generous) offer.
I have not found the right car yet but would have loved these if i had.

As you say, would be a great addition for someones show car.

Great offer, lets hope someone can put them to great use but if not.....please let me know and i may be interested in buying them off you.

Cheers.

Chrys

jt_3k
24th August 2012, 11:36 AM
Thx. I'll leave it a bit and if nobody gets to me, I'll get in touch

EppingMk1SC
24th August 2012, 03:08 PM
Hi there, I would be more than interested, you can see the 'F' plate '88 Mk1 I take to shows on my profile or here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwd7Y6u

jt_3k
25th August 2012, 08:07 AM
Hi there, I would be more than interested, you can see the 'F' plate '88 Mk1 I take to shows on my profile or here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwd7Y6u

Winner winner, chicken dinner. That's EXACTLY the type of straight and well cared for AW10 that I'd thought this stuff would adorn best.

Drop me a PM with the address and I'll PM you my PayPal for postage. Think £2 should cover it as bit of weight but can just go in an envelope. I can get it in the post today. Does need to be sorted before end of Tues though, I'm in Montreal on business until mid-Sept from weds!

jt_3k
28th August 2012, 02:39 PM
Just to keep you updated, I've been into town and posted this today. Hopefully it should be with you soon.

julianw
28th August 2012, 10:08 PM
On the subject of ads and marketing material, does anyone remember the Mk1 being marketed with the slogan "What you lose in boot, you gain in welly"? I've never seen it since it was current and I'm beginning to think I dreamed it!

EppingMk1SC
29th August 2012, 10:56 AM
Just to keep you updated, I've been into town and posted this today. Hopefully it should be with you soon.

Thanks again, will let you know when they arrive. I've been meaning to get an A4 document folder to store all the bits and pieces from this car plus all my old Toyota brochures etc., and this is just the motivation I need. I have the original docs relating to its purchase in Japan, the shipping to Canada, the full professional assessment on arrival in Canada (a nice A4 bound document), the shipping to Scotland and the registration in the UK including docs from Toyota GB as well at years and years of receipts etc. Makes for a nice complete story of the cars life.

jt_3k
30th August 2012, 02:28 PM
That's epic. Pics?

EppingMk1SC
30th August 2012, 10:21 PM
Hi there, package arrived safely, thank you. I will try to sort the box of paperwork out soon, and hopefully post pictures of some of the more interesting bits and bobs...but work is a bit mental at the mo, so may not be now, now.

The car even came with some trophies it won in Canada, the original stereo, original kph speedo, pretty much anything it had picked up along it's life. I even have the original supercharger alloys being slowly refurbed (I don't like to rush anything) one wheel at a time...