PDA

View Full Version : White Mk1 Supercharger under 2k!

BARNEY
15th August 2012, 04:57 PM
Mr2 mk1 SC. Low mileage. Looks in good condition and a bargain price. I would buy it if it wasn't so far away. Ebay item number:

andyj
15th August 2012, 05:44 PM
Shame it's got black wheels, lowered, destriped, extra air intake in rear panel, white cam covers, wrongly positioned/missing decals ...but yes, guess it's good money if there's not too much rust. I'd feel more confident if there was some remark as to rust, one way or the other, but perhaps that is to follow.

Remember when you sold yours it was very honest and detailed ...and it's very much appreciated when you're buying blind.

BARNEY
15th August 2012, 06:05 PM
Cheers Andy. Yes i'm always honest when i sell my cars. I just know what its like to be tricked and have nasty surprises. I wish every seller was honest, then problems could get sorted straight away rather than too late. Was it you that alerted me to the advert for my old car minus the bad bits and twice the price i sold it for?!

This white Sc isn't exactly my taste with the mods and extras but if it is solid and genuinely low mileage, that is a very reasonable price and could be put back to standard easily enough.

andyj
15th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Cheers Andy. Yes i'm always honest when i sell my cars. I just know what its like to be tricked and have nasty surprises. I wish every seller was honest, then problems could get sorted straight away rather than too late. Was it you that alerted me to the advert for my old car minus the bad bits and twice the price i sold it for?!

This white Sc isn't exactly my taste with the mods and extras but if it is solid and genuinely low mileage, that is a very reasonable price and could be put back to standard easily enough.

No Rob it wasn't me that alerted you to your old car going up for sale at higher price. I observed from a distance without posting on the thread!

Yes, a SC manual tin top is a good proposition in terms of resale value. It's quite bewildering how many bad mods you see on these cars. I mean, what's that rear additional air intake doing on this car? As you say though it's not too difficult to restore. Purchase price seems fair on this car and assume it's not had extensive restoration prior to respray.

Fab4mr2
17th August 2012, 02:54 AM
I don't know. So many things on that car that would make me pause, even at that price, and I'd be very skeptical about the mileage. I'd guess that it has been repainted, as otherwise why remove the side moldings, and all the other striping and then add non-oem stickers. Plus, even with the slightly soft pics, and few close-ups, I spotted what looks like significant bubbling under the paint, on the front edge of the right rear wheel well. Add to that, all the other items mentioned above, plus lack of interior photos, stripped trunk carpet, painted rear visor, and only two engine close-up pics, I would be very hesitant.

pistol pete
17th August 2012, 07:38 AM
dont forget the green garden hose pipe in the engine too

wonder what else has been used to fix it

andyj
17th August 2012, 08:02 AM
I didn't see the garden hose (don't know how I missed it!). Also, yes, can see the bubble up at front of front wheel arch.

Fill and spray job I think.

charged
17th August 2012, 09:56 AM
Shame it's got black wheels, lowered, destriped, extra air intake in rear panel, white cam covers, wrongly positioned/missing decals ...but yes, guess it's good money if there's not too much rust. I'd feel more confident if there was some remark as to rust, one way or the other, but perhaps that is to follow.

I wouldn't say it's a shame at all, it's all down to personal taste, However, the West Yorkshire location is enough to put me off buying it!

spike
17th August 2012, 04:47 PM
whats wrong with west yorkshire ?

charged
18th August 2012, 08:54 AM
whats wrong with west yorkshire ?

I'm sure some of it is lovely but too many stories of dodgy sellers for my liking, and its 4+ hours from me.

superwhite90
3rd September 2012, 09:49 PM
I saw this and thought it was very cheap.

Considering you can pick up an N/A with 60k for £2000, I thought there must have been an issue with it or the guy just doesn't realise how much it's worth. Should have asked Neil for a valuation.

The rear arch has been filled and it looks like to me its been altered with photoshop or the paint is not the same colour all the way round the car plus the passenger door is slightly out of alignment.