PDA

View Full Version : South East meet on Herts Essex borders - 18th Aug?

Kateg28
8th August 2012, 08:45 AM
Ok, how about an impromptu meet at that pub I keep forgetting?

It is called the Tower Arms and it is in some village near Brentwood. South Weald? Might be North Weald, one day I shall learn

Saturday 18th August at 12p.m.?

All MR2 enthusiasts welcome whether you currently have one or not, or even if you have gone to the dark side (got a Mk2), we are not fussy.

Anybody fancy it or a better date?

I can tell you all about my travels over the Alpine passes, driving a Honda NSX which I am doing this weekend. Whey hey

superwhite90
9th August 2012, 11:40 AM
I still cannot understand this.

This is the MK1 CLUB, for MK1 owners, why invite MK2 owners?

Kateg28
9th August 2012, 01:07 PM
Because i get invited to Mk2 meetings that is why. What if they have a mk2 but are thinking of a MK1 yet we say "No, you heathen, you must not turn up". How awful is that? One of our recently departed committee members had a mk2 and I utterly refuse to get involved in Marque discrimination.

I have arranged this meeting and decided to let MK2 turn up if they want to. In practice they never have as it is only advertised on this club site.

If you want to, you can arrange a meeting just for Mk1's.

superwhite90
9th August 2012, 03:25 PM
Mine is coming off the road soon to be honest so I'll be okay.

daddy dog
9th August 2012, 06:31 PM
i keep seeing you moan about mk2 mr2's being invited to meets but as yet i have not see you turn up to any meets or shows.

superwhite90
9th August 2012, 08:22 PM
I used to go to the IMOC Essex meets every month for about 9 months, but I then I had severe engine issues the first time around but haven't been out since mainly because my GF plans my weekends and when I have wanted to i've had something go wrong with the car.

I didn't see you at Silverstone a fortnight ago? Did you go on the sunday or not at all?

How about JAE from 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010?

Kateg28
9th August 2012, 08:58 PM
Stop it. This is my thread and I utterly forbid any sniping whatsoever.

This meet is open to anybody who likes an AW11 irrespective of what they drive. Looks like it may be me on my own anyway.

EppingMk1SC
9th August 2012, 10:35 PM
Sod it, I'll come on my Triumph if I want to! It's a broad church, embrace it ;)

Kateg28
10th August 2012, 12:39 PM
I could come in my Mondeo, just cos I can.

mk1 dal
10th August 2012, 10:10 PM
but really you would want to go in the charger because you can :cool: .

sort em out kate and get them to the meets :thumbup:

Kateg28
11th August 2012, 12:06 AM
Hiya Gary!!!

I think I will go with the charger but I do agree with Paul (EppingMk1SC), we could all turn up in alternative transport just cos we can however it is nice to see all the MK1s. And Paul does have a particularly lovely one....... Almost as beautiful as mine.......

Anyhow off in the morning to Munich for my trip around the Alpine passes. Hope dad has taken the NSX. The merc is lovely and mighty fast but I still want the NSX. (there are unrelated reasons why he might have to take the Merc this weekend due to what he is doing next week) I shall post photos either way. Have fun at the Ace cafe!!