PDA

View Full Version : 1988 White MR2 Leather T-Bar Breaking 120k

samwell
6th August 2012, 11:21 AM
With the MOT fast approaching I decided to have a close look at some of the trouble spots and unfortunately both front chassis rails and rear sill sections are pretty far gone (problem with buying blind on ebay) and given that the paint and overall condition of the car isn't great, it doesn't make sense to spend the money to keep this one going.
I do hope however that parts of this car can keep a few more MR2s on the road including my next one! Sunroof model this time!
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/08/20120806102351-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/08/20120806102418-1.jpg

I'm not out to make a fortune out of this so parts will be available at good rates and collection from Sheffield is welcome. Seats are very torn but the rest of the interior is in good condition, here's a list based on what people are typically selling on ebay at reduced rates:
Interior
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/05/101_0250-1.jpg
Felt Pads (a bit blue tbh) - £5 posted
Boot trim (missing a few clips) - £15 posted
T-Bar bags (avg condition) - £20 posted
T-Bar shades (good) - £25 posted
Leather door cards inc wing mirror trim (good) - £55 posted
Centre console - Rear - £15 posted
Centre console - Middle (cig lighter burn) - £25 posted
Centre console - Front (good) - £30 posted
Switches/Buttons/Small trim etc - £2.50 each + 50p postage
Main Dash (everything except clocks and centre section) - £40 posted
Steering Column surround - £10 posted
Driver's window switch (good) - £25 posted
Passenger's window switch (good) - £10 posted
Floor Carpet (good) - £20 posted
Bulkhead Carpet (good) - £15 posted
Speaker covers - £5 posted
Various plastic trim bits - depends if I can get them off...

That's the interior for now as I'm keeping the car on the road for another week, I will add more and get pictures for anything else that's needed
Payment by PayPal (gift or + charges) or BACS preferred.

Cheers,

Sam

bill hulme
6th August 2012, 11:51 AM
Sam, Gary (mk1dal) lives in Buxton and welds the problems you have for fun, and the main thing he will not over charge you, he has save so many mk1s you would not believe,
hes a smashing and genuine member, pm him.
Bill.

samwell
6th August 2012, 12:50 PM
I've heard lots of good things about Gary and I would be inclined to spend the money if the rest of the car warranted it. I know this will never be a popular decision on here but given that it's had a terrible respray and the seats have been ruined by the leaky T-Bar, it's starting to look like a basket case. I couldn't believe how far gone one of the chassis rails is. I'll get a picture up but the rot is extensive with this one.

neiljones308
6th August 2012, 08:31 PM
It would be a shame to loose another MR2 if it could be saved. You can easily change the leather seats to cloth ones as they are very cheap.
If you have to go down the parts route, then i need the white side mouldings.
Cheers, Neil

mk1 dal
9th August 2012, 04:28 AM
hi sam , how much for the whole car as it is , to save it .
gary

superwhite90
9th August 2012, 07:45 AM
Gary will bring it back from the grave!

samwell
9th August 2012, 08:54 AM
Gary YHPM.

Kateg28
9th August 2012, 08:55 AM
I reckon Gary could rebuild an AW11 if he was presented with just three wheel nuts, the indicator stalk, a tear drop wheel with a flat bald tire and one side window.

Some of the cars he has saved have barely more than that.

Master-B
9th August 2012, 09:27 AM
I reckon Gary could rebuild an AW11 if he was presented with just three wheel nuts, the indicator stalk, a tear drop wheel with a flat bald tire and one side window.

Some of the cars he has saved have barely more than that.

Loving this statement Kate, made me LOL - its funny but very very true!

samwell
23rd September 2012, 12:58 PM
I know this isn't popular but if any of you could see my bank statements then you'd understand... Also for sale as a whole

cchrysos
23rd September 2012, 04:43 PM
hi sam , how much for the whole car as it is , to save it .
gary

If you fancy saving it ans praying it my colour Gary.....you may already have a buyer ;-)

cabbydave
23rd September 2012, 05:52 PM
Check your pm's I think i've found a car the correct colour for you. In my opinion mk1a's seem to be more rot free than mk1b's

cchrysos
23rd September 2012, 06:02 PM
Check your pm's I think i've found a car the correct colour for you. In my opinion mk1a's seem to be more rot free than mk1b's

I have pm'd you back Dave. Thank you so much.

cabbydave
23rd September 2012, 06:19 PM
The thing with this site is most people are here to help each other

cchrysos
23rd September 2012, 06:23 PM
As I have witnessed a number of times Dave. It's great to see.
Cheers

Nocturnal
5th October 2012, 09:08 AM
Sorry to see you're breaking. I'm looking for a pair of working rear calipers to get my MK1 through its MOT, and if it's available I'd also be interested in your front bumper as mine is chipped and has seen better days. I'm not far away in Wakefield so would be happy to collect, and sooner rather than later as I'm having to daily a 9mpg car! :D

Text me on 07775037931 (Graham) as I rarely get chance to get on here.

samwell
5th October 2012, 11:23 AM
Currenyl not available for breaking due to a lastminute rescue effort by the forum. Should it be condemned though, it does have a pair of refurbed calipers on the back that can only be a few years old. My bumper has seen better days. I did a v quick respray on it and ran out of paint so it aint pretty.

cabbydave
5th October 2012, 01:38 PM
Nice to see another not being broken If it is you need some really thick steel ive got some that will do the job as well, I'm going to be passing near Sheffield Saturday if you want to meet me somewhere.

Nocturnal
5th October 2012, 05:31 PM
Good to see she's being rescued. I get the feeling mine won't be as the starter has also packed in today and I'm quickly falling out of love!

cabbydave
8th October 2012, 11:28 AM
I've got a good starter if you need one and maybe some good calipers but I will have to check them and give them a bit of a clean

Good to see she's being rescued. I get the feeling mine won't be as the starter has also packed in today and I'm quickly falling out of love!

samwell
18th October 2012, 09:09 AM
As it stands, I'm selling any non-critical items so all of the interior trim (-clocks) is available as if this car lives to fit another day it will be in stripped form. I'm holing onto the shell and mechanicals in the hope of getting it OTR but it will be a lightweight weekend blaster if anything. Offers accepted on the interior.

Cheers, Sam

munter
24th October 2012, 08:50 PM
Interested in your leather seats. What condition are they in? Cash waiting if they're good.

PM me!

Cheers

Station
1st November 2012, 09:46 AM
They're not good (says in earlier post) ;)