PDA

View Full Version : Bought this yesterday

Hoppo
21st July 2012, 09:26 AM
Been looking for a while and managed to bag this yesterday. Time will tell if its a good one but a 150 mile drive home yesterday through traffic jams and at motorway speeds it didn't miss a beat.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2012/07/MR2-1.jpg

Kateg28
21st July 2012, 12:42 PM
Seriously? You bought this yesterday?

What you didnt realise is that the house opposite has a car port in which was sleeping a rather lovely supercharger (I am biased).

Mine!

I live opposite and am looking at that house right now through my front window. Technically I live directly opposite the house next door to him that you can see in the photo. Hertford.

It looked a lovely example when he let me crawl over it. And he only bought it a few months ago and I know how much he paid for it....

Where do you live as you must be about 150 miles away from me?

Hoppo
22nd July 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi Kate. Allen said he had a club member living opposite. Pity I didn't get the chance to see your Supercharger.

I have no idea what he paid for it but I am happy with what I got it for with 9 months road tax included. Needs a bit of tlc, handbrake isn't the best but it seems to run well and doesn't look too bad at all.

It was an interesting 150 mile+ Friday evening drive through all the traffic and weather in a car that I had no idea about its reliability but all went well and I have had a good weekend so far using it.

Had an n/a and a turbo mk2 before but been hankering after a mk1 for a while so its good to be there at last.

Kateg28
3rd August 2012, 09:32 AM
You are happy with it and that is main thing. It is still in excellent condition for a 1984 car. Have fun and maybe see you at an event although you must be miles away from me. About 150.