PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

BrianUK
16th July 2012, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I have an E reg T-Bar that has been in storage for the last 4 years. It's getting a once over in the garage right now. I'm surprised that all it needs so far is a new fuel pump. Hopefully going on a road trip to Rome and back via the nurburgring later this month.
Here's a pic of what she was like before she went into storage in 2008. I haven't seen her for 4 years now as I have been working abroad.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/marcsteene/DSC05288.jpg
Does the club have stickers for the car as it would be great to have one on the rear screen as we cruise thru Europe (fingers crossed)!!

Master-B
16th July 2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Brian, welcome!

Stickers are available here:
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/cart.php?do=viewproduct&productid=17

Good luck with the road trip it sounds ace

Kris

BrianUK
16th July 2012, 08:06 PM
Hey thanks. Does anyone have any tips for storing it when I return - if possible I'd like to stop the fuel pump from going off again. The place where it is stored do start it up every month and get it up to working temperature as well as move it around in the garage. Is there anything else that can be done to help it from going off? Ta. Brian

bill hulme
17th July 2012, 04:47 AM
Hey thanks. Does anyone have any tips for storing it when I return - if possible I'd like to stop the fuel pump from going off again. The place where it is stored do start it up every month and get it up to working temperature as well as move it around in the garage. Is there anything else that can be done to help it from going off? Ta. Brian

Hi and welcome to the club, there use to be an additive you could mix to you petrol to stop it going to jelly, I don't no the name I have only heard about it.
Bill.
look this up...........Starbrite Startron Fuel Additive

Kateg28
17th July 2012, 07:40 AM
Hello Brian (assume your name is Brian) and welcome.

Awesome trip. I am off to South of Naples on Sunday but flying with Easyjet, not driving down. If I drove down we would have to go in the grown ups car as there are 5 of us (my OH has a son and step son and I have a son) anyway.

However on the 10th August I am off to the Alpine passes with my dad, hopefully is his NSX!

Whereabouts are you based?
K

BrianUK
17th July 2012, 02:46 PM
Hello Brian (assume your name is Brian) and welcome.

Awesome trip. I am off to South of Naples on Sunday but flying with Easyjet, not driving down. If I drove down we would have to go in the grown ups car as there are 5 of us (my OH has a son and step son and I have a son) anyway.

However on the 10th August I am off to the Alpine passes with my dad, hopefully is his NSX!

Whereabouts are you based?
K

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out. I am based in Chichester at the moment but I work in Bahrain. I'm really struggling to get insurance at the moment. Big problem is that I don't live in the UK and my son is 22 :( It may be that we cancel the trip at this rate. We were going put the car on the market when we got back but I may well bring that forward, as it is just sitting there in storage and really it needs to be in the ownership of someone who will be able to use it. Depressing but hey ho. Still got a couple more companies to try first though :(

EppingMk1SC
17th July 2012, 06:55 PM
Have you tried getting it insured on a classic policy? I've got mine insured through Houghton and they seem pretty reasonable. I think Kate may be able to give more 'professional' advice...

BrianUK
17th July 2012, 07:16 PM
Have you tried getting it insured on a classic policy? I've got mine insured through Houghton and they seem pretty reasonable. I think Kate may be able to give more 'professional' advice...
I haven't tried them yet. Thanks for the advice! Hopefully Kate can help out too!

Kateg28
18th July 2012, 09:36 AM
Eh?
I admit I do work in Insurance but nothing to do with motor I am afraid. I am a project manager for a multinational insurance broker who I doubt anyone will have heard of despite being the 5th biggest in the world. We can probably place it for you but our minimum fee (not premium but our commission) is $50K (we are mainly US business). If you want to pay about £200,000 premium we can sort you out.

I would recommend calling Sky, they were the only ones who could insure my car when I imported it from Eire. Everyone else would only cover it when I landed in the UK which was neither use nor ornament. I renewed with them despite not being the cheapest but being the ones I felt would understand my utter grief in the event of damage to my beloved car and deal with it properly. Ollie (Charged) works for them but just call the main number and have a chat. They seem to actually listen and then talk to the Underwriter.

charged
18th July 2012, 10:57 AM
We'll struggle, like most UK insurers, we'd have an issue with the non-UK residency. The trouble is for insurers, non-UK residents tend to just leave the country when they have a claim , leaving the insurers in a pickle.

Cheers

Ollie

EppingMk1SC
18th July 2012, 08:45 PM
See, told you Kate would give the best advice ;) (my poor memory getting jobs and stuff mixed up again..)