PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Mk1 Club AGM 2012 - Prescott Hill Climb - 11th-12th August

tommundy
16th July 2012, 05:11 PM
We've chosen to hold the 2012 AGM as part of the Prescott Revival meeting in combination with the Marcos Owners Club at the famous hill-climb course. Address details below:

Prescott Hill
Gotherington
Cheltenham
Gloucester
GL52 9RD

Cost

It is not normal for the club to charge for entrance to the AGM, but we think that at £5 (for members) it represents excellent value for a full weekend of events along with having the chance to have some genuine tangible input into how your club is ran.

Non-members or partners/family of members will have to pay the full £10 if pre-booked or £15 on-the-gate price. This is still good value for a day out.

TIP - why not choose to become a member ahead of the event and get the entry to the AGM plus a years membership for £10?? :)

AGM

The AGM will be held at 12pm on Sunday 12th August at the clubhouse at Prescott Hill Climb.

This is your chance to have a say in how the club is ran. There are also several committee posts available. These will be voted in by a majority vote of all members attending. All members can vote, which includes both the 'classic' full members and also paid up web members.

Camping

Camping is available for £15 per tent/campervan per night. Facilities are quite basic but with a few Mk1'ers we should find a way to have a fantastic time!

For more information, please see the below link:

http://www.marcos-oc.com/Prescott_Revival/Accommodation.html

If you're wanting to book for entry to the AGM/Weekend and also camping, please let me know and I'll organise a group payment.

If you don't fancy camping but would like to stay nearby, there are some suggestions on the link above.

Saturday Night Event(Optional)

There's a club-house that will be serving food and drink until midnight (the Saturday night buffet style meal requires pre-booking at £20)

Hill Climb(Optional)

You can have a go at the hill-climb yourself for £38, which will cover you for two runs. More details can be got if interest is shown.

Finally

If you're planning on attending, please post your interest on here and I will organise the payment.

For further details of the event, go to http://www.marcos-oc.com/Prescott_Revival/Home.html to see what a fantastic event this is shaping up to be.

This event looks like a great way to spend a weekend or day out as well as being the AGM!

Please contact me via PM or reply to this thread to express your interest and organise payment.

Alternatively, please contact Peter Scatchard:

Peter Scatchard
Upper Thames Branch Secretary / Castle Combe Track-day Co-Ordinator
The Old Barn, 51 Chawley Lane, Cumnor Hill, Oxford, OX2 9PX, U.K.
peter.scatchard@motorcyclewriter.co.uk
Tel: +44(0)1865 864 864 Mbl: +44(0)7775 631 044

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
25th July 2012, 04:44 PM
Attendees so far:
1. Tom Mundy
2. Bill Hulme
3. Peter Scatchard
4. Stuart Kynoch

Please post up if you're attending and have paid or are planning on coming and still require a ticket! :)

bill hulme
26th July 2012, 12:06 AM
Attendees so far:
1. Tom Mundy
2. Bill Hulme
3. Peter Scatchard
4. Stuart Kynoch

Please post up if you're attending and have paid or are planning on coming and still require a ticket! :)

Come on members, Get your name down for the AGM.
Bill.

julianw
27th July 2012, 02:08 PM
Count me in for the AGM.

Julian Weaver

tommundy
27th July 2012, 02:14 PM
Attendees so far:
1. Tom Mundy
2. Bill Hulme
3. Peter Scatchard
4. Stuart Kynoch
5. Kris Bates
6. Alison Mellor
7. Julian Weaver

Nice one Jules!

Rick McRick
27th July 2012, 03:56 PM
Think I'll be coming to this, think I'll be seeing Bill and the guys the week before to get the details and make arrangements.

The Silver Fox
27th July 2012, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I wont be able to make this as it is our weekend to have the grandson. Have a great time.

Will it be possible to have a report soon after instead of having to wait three months as per previous AGMs.

tommundy
3rd August 2012, 11:30 AM
Sorry, I wont be able to make this as it is our weekend to have the grandson. Have a great time.

Will it be possible to have a report soon after instead of having to wait three months as per previous AGMs.

I'll ensure that a report is published online when available Douglas. :)

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
3rd August 2012, 11:32 AM
Please see the Agenda for the AGM below:

AGENDA
AGM - Sunday August 12th 2012 - 11.30am

1. Vice President Introduction and Reports from Committee members who are not present at this meeting.
2. Magazine Editor’s Report
3. Website Report
4. Club Merchandise Officer’s Report
5. Public Relations Officer Report
6. Resignations and proposals for:
6.1 Chairman
6.2 Membership Secretary and Treasurer
6.3 National events Co-ordinator
7. Proposed amendments to the club constitution.
8. Proposed Magazine on Line and revised subscription rates.
9. AOB
10. Date of next meeting

tommundy
3rd August 2012, 11:36 AM
Some good news regarding entry to the AGM this year.

The passes we have received are on a 'per car' basis and therefore if you're travelling down with your partner/friend etc. then they will get in for free. There are still several passes available @ £5, so please contact Peter and organise payment to get your seat at the AGM. You will also get to enjoy a full day (or two if you come on the Saturday also) of motor racing and classic cars.

Cheers,
Tom

bill hulme
5th August 2012, 10:57 PM
I think its £15 on the gate.

tommundy
6th August 2012, 07:43 AM
I've said that I will vouch for you North West guys so no need to send an SAE. Just bring cash on the day! :)

Cheers,
Tom

Master-B
6th August 2012, 08:00 AM
I've said that I will vouch for you North West guys so no need to send an SAE. Just bring cash on the day! :)

Cheers,
Tom

You are a prince among men!

Rick McRick
6th August 2012, 09:29 AM
Think I'll be coming to this, think I'll be seeing Bill and the guys the week before to get the details and make arrangements.

Just to confirm, having used the word 'think' above:
I'll be jumping in with Bill and will see you all at the AGM.

If other are going the same way at the same time would make sense if we all jumped in a 4/5 seater? Saves money on petrol, tickets, can share driving, and most of all a bit of company!

Master-B
6th August 2012, 09:33 AM
Just to confirm, having used the word 'think' above:
I'll be jumping in with Bill and will see you all at the AGM.

If other are going the same way at the same time would make sense if we all jumped in a 4/5 seater? Saves money on petrol, tickets, can share driving, and most of all a bit of company!

I'll volunteer the Picasso if you want Rick/Bill

It means 2 of us can share driving burden & the 2 in the back can eat their picnics off the tables

Looking to leave around 8am, should see us there by 10:30.

superwhite90
6th August 2012, 08:47 PM
If I wasn't getting mashed this weekend in conjunction with the Olympic Mountain Biking / bad week at work scenario in Hadleigh in Essex I would have come as I thought originally it was further away than this!

When will the next one be?

Rick McRick
7th August 2012, 09:52 AM
I'll volunteer the Picasso if you want Rick/Bill

It means 2 of us can share driving burden & the 2 in the back can eat their picnics off the tables

Looking to leave around 8am, should see us there by 10:30.

This suits me.
I'll drop Bill a message if you've not already done so.
Where is best to meet you? If you want me at your's for shortly before 08:00 then PM or text me your address and post code, or if there is somewhere else more convenient just say.
I'm also happy to take a shift at the wheel if need be.

P.S. No doubt you'll have a car full of biscuits for the journey, no raisins please, yuck!

Master-B
7th August 2012, 10:19 AM
Probably best to come to ours, or meet somewhere on the lancs between liverpool and the m6. Haydock maybe? I havent spoke bill yet.

Jimbo_Jet
10th August 2012, 02:22 PM
I've just bagged ride with Kris (insert innuendo here) so I'll be coming to the AGM as well :)

Do I need to dig my membership card out as it's probably a couple of years out of date I think? Not had a new one IIRC.

Master-B
10th August 2012, 03:10 PM
I've just bagged ride with Kris (insert innuendo here) so I'll be coming to the AGM as well :)

Do I need to dig my membership card out as it's probably a couple of years out of date I think? Not had a new one IIRC.

Im not bringing one & Alison hasnt got one. It will be fine, as Tom knows our faces :-)

julianw
10th August 2012, 09:16 PM
Well, everything's up in the air again now! My plans for this weekend have had to change as the camper is not through its MOT yet (I'll save the story for the campfire). So I'll be travelling down and back on Sunday. I don't mind if someone wants to grab the spare seat in my two, or if someone else wants some petrol money from me. What's the vibe?

Master-B
10th August 2012, 09:29 PM
I might have a full car as jimbo may have a +1 with him. If not, you can jump in with us - we can pick you up at a services around j17? Should know about the +1 tomorrow so will drop you a text

bill hulme
10th August 2012, 09:39 PM
I might have a full car as jimbo may have a +1 with him. If not, you can jump in with us - we can pick you up at a services around j17? Should know about the +1 tomorrow so will drop you a text

JULIAN iCAN GET A FULL BACK SEAT, LOOKING AT J17 IT SOULD BE NO PROBLEM. BILL.

Master-B
10th August 2012, 09:44 PM
Job done, see you there you filthy animals ;-)

julianw
10th August 2012, 10:16 PM
Nice. Thanks Bill. What time at J17?

bill hulme
10th August 2012, 10:42 PM
nice. Thanks bill. What time at j17?

8.10 hiss do you whant me to come of at 17 or go to the service, im out in the morning till about 11.45

julianw
10th August 2012, 11:06 PM
Hi Bill
Come off at the junction, turn right. I'll meet you at the Texaco garage, 100 yards from the junction.
Cheers

Jimbo_Jet
11th August 2012, 08:41 AM

My +1 has just told me he has plans :/ so the spare seat remains!