PDA

View Full Version : Hello

pineapple-chunk
8th July 2012, 08:16 AM
Hello All
As my project is starting to take over my life and i am already in contact with fellow members - thought it best to drop a quick post and introduce myself.
I have recently been given an 87 Mk1 MR2 by my Uncle who has owned it pretty much all its life.
Although it has been garaged it does need quite a bit of work - which i have already jumped into.

Before now i must admit i have always been a Ford fan, but this little car and scene has now sent me in a new direction...

So anyhow i wont bore you anymore - im sure i will be in touch after parts and advise and any you can give me to help me along my way would be most appreciated.

Bye for Now - Paul.

Kateg28
8th July 2012, 12:18 PM
Hello Paul. There are a couple of us who meet up in Essex and we are long overdue and we should arrange something. sat 14th anyone?

Tell us more about the car? Colour? T-bar, sunroof? Year?

EppingMk1SC
8th July 2012, 01:13 PM
Oh, next Saturday is a bit soon to rearrange for me, could probably do the following week or week after, have to check with the other half. I'm taking the '2 down to Woodford Toyota on the Sunday (15th) for the GT86 launch, anyone else local fancy popping down? I've got a test drive booked for noon, was probably going to head down after 11.

pineapple-chunk
8th July 2012, 04:16 PM
Hello its an E reg 87 model, T Bar in Mica Blue, at the moment it is off the road as have stripped the front end to sort out the rust.
In all it is in good condition and as my Uncle garaged it most of its life is fairly solid.
My plan is to get it back to as good a condition as possible and then track racing it...
Once its done will defo come along to your meets, where abouts do you normally have this?
Thanks Paul.

Kateg28
8th July 2012, 07:57 PM
We tend to meet at a pub called something or other in a village or town with 'East' in it's title, or it may be West, I forget. Do you know it?

I know how to get there. Down a country lane and turn left.

Can't do the next four weekends as booked on the Sunday, in Italy for the next two weekends and then going to the Alps for a weekend driving with my dad in the NSX. My life is sooooooo tough!

EppingMk1SC
9th July 2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Kate, the pub I think you mean is the Tower Arms, South Weald, near Brentwood, just off the M25! Jct 28 ;)

daddy dog
12th July 2012, 01:24 PM
what part of essex are you in paul ?

pineapple-chunk
17th July 2012, 07:29 PM
Hello
Im in East Tilbury...

Kateg28
18th July 2012, 09:38 AM
Ok, I think we need to organise a meet, long overdue.

First weekend in September? (seems ages but with Summer holidays and all that....)

EppingMk1SC
18th July 2012, 08:48 PM
Blimey that seems a long way off, given that we are due some nice weather soon (allegedly) we could always pencil in the September date, and maybe sneak a summery one in before then?

willy gee
19th July 2012, 09:23 PM
hi all i,m a new member just got e reg red t bar not had one for 25 years but just started my 2nd childhood like to meet up am in rainham essex

daddy dog
21st July 2012, 08:11 PM
up for a meet soon, just finishing of the rear brakes after they came to a smokey seized end.