PDA

View Full Version : Mr2 Mk1.5 3sgte turbo

phil.s
27th June 2012, 08:14 PM
Price now dropped - £2999 -absolute bargain!!

Here is your chance to own a super rare AW11 MR2 T-bar with the MR2 Turbo engine fitted. Goes like a rocket ship, handles like a go cart and costs 2p a year to run!..

Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/photos/80744836@N02/

For those who cant be bothered to read my life story below, here is a full spec of the car:

Body:

- 1988 Mr2 Aw 11 T-bar
- Full body restoration - there is no rot on this car at all
- Toyota super white respray
- de-spoilered boot lid (also original spoilered boot lid included in sale)
- Satinblack splitter and air vent
- battery re-located to front of car

Wheels&Tyres:

- 15 inch Mr2 mk3 front wheels with T1R Proxes (lots of tread left)
- 16 inch Mr2 mk3 rear wheels with bridgestone potenza with plenty of tread left
- Satin black

Suspension:

- Koni adjustable stiffness
- Poly bushed

Brakes:

- 1155 pads
- Braided hoses
- Grooved fronts
- Standard rears
- Refurbished front calipers

Engine:

- Rev 1 3SGTE
- Power - guessing around 250BHP+
- ST205 Charge Cooler
- Gizzmo IBC boost controller - 2 presets 6 and 13.5 psi
- Turbo technics Hybrid CT26 turbo
- custom single silencer exhaust system with flexi and Cat

Gearbox:
- Standard E153 with open diff
- Exidy clutch, plenty of life left (pics to prove)

Interior:
- Mostly standard but with momo steering wheel, gear knob and CD player.
- Roll cage mountings welded in ready

- MOT until March 2013
- Taxed until end of July this year

I bought this car off a friend of mine in January this year with the intention of prepping it and doing track days in it. Unfortunately I have had to make a few changes in my life so this hasn't happened and is no longer going to be possible so it has to go :( It is a fantastic little car that has embarrassed many cars out there during my ownership who didn't expect it to pack such a punch! 0-60 comes up super quick and technically it should top out around 155mph however I am not brave enough to try this anywhere other than a big empty airfield!

I have a folder full of history for the car which goes along the lines of the car going through a full body restoration towards the end of 2002 including a respray in super white. This means the body work is immaculate throughout the car which is a big bonus for a 24 year old car.

The engine conversion was done just under 10000 miles ago by the guy who my friend bought the car off. According to him the engine was stripped and rebuilt at this point although
there are no receipts in the folder to prove this however it runs sweet with no knocks, rattles or smoke so there is not much to worry about there. The engine diagnostics is also fully working and clear of fault codes. The engine fitted is the rev1 3sgte from the Mk2 turbo.

During my ownership of the car I have made some changes with the idea of making it a reliable and easy to maintain car which are as follows:

- Celica st205 chargecooler system to reduce the lag of the turbo (originally the car was piped into a big intercooler in the boot with fans grafted into the boot floor with miles of pipe work
- Added the ECU indicator LED's to the dash which tell you when its OK to boost and if the engine is knocking.
- Gizzmo boost controller so I could switch between low and high boost pressures depending on the conditions.
- Went through the wiring to check it was OK (it is now) and added the access panel into the boot as it didnt have one - without this certain parts of the engine are very hard to access so it is an essential mod.
- I also went through all of the piping to and from the engine and refined this as necessary.
- Replaced the clutch line with a braided one to improve the gear change.
- Fabricated an exhaust system with a cat so that it gets through the emissions testing OK and keeps the noise down a bit.

Bad bits are:

- Small dink in rear bumper (very small parking dent)
- One of the interior panels is wrong up the side of the windscreen meaning it stops just short of the next bit, (have been trying to find one of these at the right price!)
- There are a couple of small bubbles in the paint in minor places like door slam panels.

I think thats about it, its got plenty of MOT left and the insurance only costs me £450 a year which makes this a great toy to own. Come and see it but I will be driving unless you are insured to drive. This car is quick and needs to be treated carefully!

Thanks for looking :)

£3750 open to sensible offers

phil.s
10th August 2012, 04:48 PM
Bump! Bargain price now...

Woodsport
10th August 2012, 05:26 PM
A sad reflection of the times when such a high spec supercar is going for so little, the conversion cost alone is £5k to build one of these, amazing bargain, the very best of luck with your sale, if more people knew just how stupidly fast a 1.5 is they would be banging your door down for this.

Come on folks, this is a chance to own a 911 in Aw11 clothing.

phil.s
10th August 2012, 09:57 PM
A sad reflection of the times when such a high spec supercar is going for so little, the conversion cost alone is £5k to build one of these, amazing bargain, the very best of luck with your sale, if more people knew just how stupidly fast a 1.5 is they would be banging your door down for this.

Come on folks, this is a chance to own a 911 in Aw11 clothing.

So true.... Unfortunately :eek:

chief44
10th August 2012, 10:13 PM
The fact that that this is still for sale is madness. Anyone considering a aw11 3sgte conversion without a shed-load time and space should snap this up now. It looks a corker. I hope mine will look this tidy when finished.
Good luck with the sale, and don't let it go for nawt!

spike
11th August 2012, 07:12 AM
if only i had the money,
if i promise to love it and keep it in a heated garage and only feed it best petrol and polish it and wax it every weekend will you accept a bag of special sweets and 4 african shiny beads ?
if not good luck with the sale :)

phil.s
11th August 2012, 11:19 AM
Cheers fellas has been nearly 60 days now no real interest thought it would go within a week. Really are in hard times.

muckyman
11th August 2012, 12:14 PM
Want.
Soooo much.
Anyone wants to buy a 2003 Audi TT, I will let it go cheap just so I can have this 1.5
Would happily swap with this MR2 (with cash my way though)
Want, want, want!

pistol pete
16th August 2012, 05:27 PM
again.. want!!!!
except i have a bmw 325 i would have to chnge it for
then find a car with 4 seats cheap for school run
i will have a 1.5 at some point .. I must!!!

michaeljapp
17th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Just dropped you a pm. Let me know if you don't get it.

Michael

dusty m
7th September 2012, 09:20 PM
hi. im a newby on here but id like to know is the car still for sale? thanks!

dusty m
9th September 2012, 08:10 PM
Hi. Do u still have the car? Not sure if this mssge is posted but heres my no. 07825021560. Thanks!

michaeljapp
11th September 2012, 08:06 PM
Sold to me - sorry. I guess the seller has not updated the thread.

dusty m
15th September 2012, 08:59 AM
Permission to say bum?