PDA

View Full Version : Mica Blue T-Bar: £1000 West Yorkshire

Nick45
23rd June 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi All,

Nice Mica (dark) blue T-Bar for sale. MOT until April 2013/ Taxed until November 2012. Approx 136k (in daily use). No advisories for the past 2 MOTs.

The car is well known to the club (formerly Kate's & I bought it from Gary over a year ago after he'd restored it) and is not messed with. Mostly original paint I think, bar the rear arches which have been repaired in the past. The car isn't showroom perfect because it's in constant use but is terrifically solid all over. Hopefully anyone who saw it on the Buxton run last month will vouch for how well it stands.

Oil/ filters/ plugs just changed (fully synthetic) and oil has been changed minimum of every three months in my ownership. The car idles at about 750rpm/ no gearbox issues/ engine still fit and strong. The drivers side T-Bar will dribble a bit after been stood all day in heavy rain but not much at all. I did some work on the seals & eccentric guides after I bought it and improved this problem significantly.

If anyone is interested in more info, please give me a call on 07857 89six 32six or pm me on here. I can take photo's of any specific bits people might want but otherwise am not much of a picture taker so 2 of the attachments were taken by others in the club. Hope I'm not infringing anyone's copyright by reproducing them here.

Sale is only due to "growing family" reasons - I'll miss it very much. Serious enquries only please.

Cheers, Nick

mk1 dal
23rd June 2012, 08:32 PM
hi nick , sad to see your selling mate . it still look stunning when i saw it last month ,and a 1000 pound is far far to cheap for that car .

gary

Kateg28
24th June 2012, 10:22 PM
I know the person who took two of the photos. Me!

I wish I had the ability to store the car as would have it back like a shot but only one car port.

mk1 dal
24th June 2012, 10:47 PM
hi kate , buy a car cover :thumbup: it still looks stunning and at a grand is very cheap for the work whats gone in to it , i would have it back but now have 4 mk1's and now where to keep it , the mica blue is still my favorite color .

gary

Master-B
25th June 2012, 06:26 PM
This is crazy cheap, have you taken your pills Nick? :-D

julianw
25th June 2012, 07:17 PM
This is crazy cheap, have you taken your pills Nick? :-D Kris! Shut up!

Nick45
25th June 2012, 07:56 PM
Deposit taken. Thanks for all the interest.

Kateg28
25th June 2012, 09:43 PM
That was quick.

Am still attached to this car, who has it?

Nick45
28th June 2012, 08:52 PM
Still here! Came round to collect last night and then started trying to chip me down. Anyway, he got a flea in his ear and shown the road and I've decided im gonna keep hold for now cause I can do without the grief at the moment. Not a club member I should add.
Now then, has anyone got a 4 seated for a couple 100?

Master-B
29th June 2012, 05:21 PM
Hi mate, retrorides is your friend. There is a 190e 2.6 on there for £400. Lovely waftey stuff!

Nick45
29th June 2012, 10:29 PM
I've seen that mate. Taxed till November too! Some cars just make you think that there must be something seriously wrong to be that cheap and maybe, just maybe they're the bargain of the year.

mk1 dal
30th June 2012, 12:23 AM
hi nick , you cant beat old merc's . i paid 700 pounds for a c class estate 250 td 1999 78000 on the clock and 1 owner and owned it 20 months . its gone straight through the last mot and a been faultless ,total cost in twenty months 280 pounds in servicing ,this included full service ,new turbo hose and 2 new tyre's . very cheap to run and insure, i would have one over any new car any day .

gary

Master-B
30th June 2012, 09:37 AM
I've seen that mate. Taxed till November too! Some cars just make you think that there must be something seriously wrong to be that cheap and maybe, just maybe they're the bargain of the year.

Agreed, when you are buying at that end of the market you need to be realistic, but there are some gems out there, problem is the only way to sift out the good ones is to go & see them.

The way I look at it, at £400 even if it ended up being a dud, you cash in the tax, remove the saleable bits, weigh in the rest & you wouldnt be out of pocket. I had a 190e in the past & ive got to say the build quaility was unbelievable, it was 100% reliable, nice spec, mega history file etc. But when I sold it, it only achieved about £400 on ebay, bizarrely enough to a chap who was changing from a Mk1. I couldnt believe it went so cheaply - I think they are just a bit unloved by the market (a bit like the mk1) so make a great bargain buy.

But the bargain of the year is a £1000 Mica Blue T-bar thats had Gary's treatment!! I cant believe your buyer started messing about at that sort of money, but I bet secretly you are glad they did ha ha!

ferrous_oxide
1st July 2012, 11:25 AM
Hi Nick,

Is your MR2 still for sale?

Thanks,
Steve

Nick45
5th July 2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Steve, withdrawn from sale. Thanks.