PDA

View Full Version : MR2 MKII Engine, Anyone?

Baz L Zebub
10th June 2012, 08:03 PM
Yep. I know this is the MKI Forum, but I wonder if anyone might be interested in a MKII 3S-GE 2ltr engine? I know that some members will also have MK2's, soI thought I'd offer it here, too...

I't's a spare engine that I bought for my (departed) G-Ltd when said car blew its big-end shells, and I had intended to swap the whole engine. I didn't bother when I heard of another owner getting his insurance rejected from the change in engine numbers, so rather than run that risk, I simply swapped the big-end shells & moved the car on to someone who said he wanted it for a V6 conversion...

So, I have a complete but dismantled 3S-GE engine for sale, with all manifolds, injectors, distributor, A/C pump, etc - just needs a top-end gasket kit big-end shells - and a new set of rings (one compression ring snapped! All the bearing journals and bores are absolutely fine.

It's loosely reassembled to moved around on a trolley, but can be quickly opened-up for viewing, if required.

Cost me £150, about 15mths ago - no reasonable offer refused; prefer to sell whole lump rather than just bits. Situated in Suffolk.

07768 728329/07806 972725.